OT, Voyager's Golden Record Still Plays On

I know it was a while back but if you're a fan of space exploration, this y ear is the 40th anniversary of the launch of The Voyager mission. There is a lot of information online but the PBS site has a countdown timer and odom eter. It's over 12 billion miles from Earth for Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is only a few billion miles behind.?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

In just 200,000 years it could reach our solar system's closest neighbor.

Reply to
Frank

is year is the 40th anniversary of the launch of The Voyager mission. There is a lot of information online but the PBS site has a countdown timer and odometer. It's over 12 billion miles from Earth for Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is only a few billion miles behind.?(?)?

I wonder who will play the golden record so many millennia from now and if mankind will be around when some spacefaring aliens come across the Voyager space probes? ?(?)? In 200,000 years do you think anybody will care what Obama or Trump has don e? I have no delusions about being important because I know the Sun will ke ep right on shining for at least 4 billion years after I'm gone and the Ear th will keep right on orbiting the Sun until it goes nova. In the meantime, I'm gonna have fun poking Progressive Liberal Leftists Commiecrat Moonbat Freaks with a virtual sharp stick. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

More like poking with a dull mind.

Reply to
Bob F

this year is the 40th anniversary of the launch of The Voyager mission. The re is a lot of information online but the PBS site has a countdown timer an d odometer. It's over 12 billion miles from Earth for Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is only a few billion miles behind.?(?)?

if mankind will be around when some spacefaring aliens come across the Voy ager space probes? ?(?)?

done? I have no delusions about being important because I know the Sun wil l keep right on shining for at least 4 billion years after I'm gone and the Earth will keep right on orbiting the Sun until it goes nova. In the meant ime, I'm gonna have fun poking Progressive Liberal Leftists Commiecrat Moon bat Freaks with a virtual sharp stick. ?(?)?

I suppose you, like all Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Moonbat Frea ks think you're smarter than everyone else? How typical of those of your il k to actually believe that you're important. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

Bob F is correct. You are a moron, which is to be expected, as your mother and father were obviously first cousins.

Reply to
Archer

is year is the 40th anniversary of the launch of The Voyager mission. There is a lot of information online but the PBS site has a countdown timer and odometer. It's over 12 billion miles from Earth for Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is only a few billion miles behind.?(?)?

40 years in is a start.
Reply to
Thomas