OT. Vehicle Efficiency

We can only hope... It is sad though. When my brother started slipping his gears his wife restricted him to walks around the block, no crossing streets. This was a guy who retired as a VP of a major aerospace firm.

Reply to
rbowman

At one point we moved our manufacturing facility to Maine, about 25 miles from where I lived. Eventually I move over close enough to ride my bicycle to work. I did move back to NH in the end. Stephen King doesn't write novels. That's how life is in small town ME.

I took several contracts in the Boston area and I would rent a room in the area. It was only 65 miles up to NH so I'd go up Friday night and come back Sunday. Some people commute but life is too short to spend a couple of hours a day commuting.

I had a cousin who lived in Englishtown NJ and worked in Manhattan. He spent hours on the bus every day but was willing to make the sacrifice to raise his kids in someplace where the volunteer fire department was the social center of town. All seven turned out good so it was worth it.

Reply to
rbowman

Not even possible for the SS to do that.

Trivial to sack them.

Doesn't happen in the USA.

Reply to
Jock

But they don't get to tell him that he can't do that.

In fact that is precisely what happened with JFK, he was told that he shouldn't do that, and told the SS to go and f*ck itself and did it anyway.

Reply to
Jock

Just because some fool journo claims something...

That's not true either, one was shot in Australia way back early in the 20th century, and Maggie Thatcher, the UK equivalent of the US president had the hotel where the Tory party conference was being held, blown up by the IRA.

But are still free to tell the SS to go and f*ck itself.

JFK did that, and had his head blown off.

Reply to
Jock

Fuck up appointments Get lost? Invent security threats? Use your imagination.

Probably not.

rbowman

I suppose you can come up with a cite? The SS in Dallas mainly f***ed itself.

Reply to
rbowman

Missed that one. Some idiot shot at Charles with a starter pistol and blanks.

Reply to
rbowman

All sackable offences.

Bullshit with those deliberate fuckups.

Still perfectly possible when they deliberately f*ck up.

Reply to
Jock

Just because some f****it journo claims something...

Nope, read far too many analyses of that assassination.

Doesn't alter the fact that that is what happened.

Not on that particular matter.

Reply to
Jock

Yep and he reacted quite well. Tho it is less clear if he was just stunned like the shrub was when he was told about 9/11 in front of that class room full of little kids.

There is no footage of Maggie when the bomb went off.

Reply to
Jock

Yup , as a matter of fact there's a pretty big project going on right now on the highway to town . And an even bigger project going on south of Mountain Home , widening and improving drainage . We're not sure yet , but I think when the one near us is done there will be more than 3 places where you can legally pass a slowpoke .

Reply to
Snag

Well good for you ! I choose not to even try riding up and down grades as steep as 10-12% on a narrow highway with lots of blind curves . And logging trucks , farmers pulling large implements , and the ever present idiots that can't be bothered to stay in their own lane . We love our tourists , but the scenery around here is distracting to flatlanders .

Reply to
Snag

Went through it with my father over twenty years ago after he had a major stroke and had to be put in a nursing home. He retained his speech and physical abilities but was not there otherwise.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I'd say the point is that we didn't hear a peep from you for four years while Trump had the same kind of security details. This didn't start with Trump:

"Now anywhere he goes there is not only his vehicle but maybe twenty more to accompany him. I saw that when he would emerge from his basement with numerous police vehicles to go with him to the riverfront. Once I saw about twenty state police SUV's and an equal number of motorcycles waiting for him to emerge. Woman told me he even has an army when he goes to church. Another told me that when he retired as vp his wife would jog on the road and had a couple of vehicles driving slowly to guard her. She clogged up traffic on a main road pissing people off."

Or did you just fall off a right wing turnip truck? At least AFAIK, Biden isn't profiting from charging the Secret Service to use his golf carts on his golf courses, while playing golf, nor is he billing them $650 a night for staying at his properties, like Trump did.

Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump?s properties

Organization Reportedly Charged U.S Government Over $1.1 Million For Luxury Hotel Stays

Trump has charged Secret Service over $10,000 for security at Bedminster resort

Thank you for another Trump teaching moment.

Reply to
trader_4

You have become a broken record. Like the man you voted for, you are losing it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Wilmot Township ain't exactly "flatland" and we have lots of farm equipment too, yet it is the favorite area around here for cyclists. No logging trucks, but gravel trucks are every bit as bad. You also have to dodge the horse-buns from the old order mennonite "buggy exhaust". I don't (generally) ride the "main roads" except those that have dedicated bicycle lanes and it is possible to ride across the twin cities northto south or east to west entirely on bicycle trails - the majority that are NOT on roads.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

"Dedicated bike lanes" is the key . We ain't got 'em out here in the woods .

Reply to
Snag

Fon't have 'em in most of wilmot or woolwich either - just within city limits. In the townships there's still a lot of gravel shoulders too - not bad when they are packed but a royal BITCH when they are freshly graded.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

In other words you're blowing smoke out your ass. Noted.

Reply to
rbowman