OT. Vehicle Efficiency

I rode the buke (21 speed pedal bike) 5.5 miles yesterday to do some shopping. Last week I rode it just about 6 miles to do some other shopping. Working on "geting my legs back" after a lazy winter. I have a trailer I can snap onto either bike if I need o pick up more than fits into the saddle bags. - about 6 sware feet, the box is about a foot deep without the 18 inch side-racks and it's rated for about 250 lbs.but I wouldn't want to haul that much with the hills.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I ee you are still dreaming, eh??? The government of Arkansas spending money to fix rural roads?????

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Back then most vehicles WERE pretty much used up by 100000 miles - and the poor Vega suffered from under-cooling (marginal cooling at best) along with a few other issues causing serious reliability problems. If the beancounters at GM had not been so CHEAP it COULD have been a world class small car - and the Cosworth variant??? It could have been PHENOMINAL.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The B210 was the subcompact lightweight with a 1200cc pushrod engine instead of the 510's OHC 1600. The B210 also had a live axle where the

510 had IRS. The "creme de la creme" triple S was not available here (canada or USA) but was real competition for the 2002 BMW although a bit smaller and the 510 was often referred to as "the poor man's Bavaria" In my opinion it, along with it's big brother the 240Z was the last real good car Nissan/Datsun ever sent to the American market. Other than the expected rust issues it was almost bulletproof. They were "killer" rallye cars too!!!
Reply to
Clare Snyder

You think Biden is muilking it??? How about all the secret service guys on golf carts every weekend tor "the other guy" - and tailing his spawn everywhere they went - and they went "everywhere". While Biden was VP and now as POTUS he has NO CHOICE - and he is not allowed to drive his own car or go anywhere alone

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The I30 was the best car I ever had (1997-2012, and my niece still drives it). The M37 (2012-) as good, if not better. Both Nissan products.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Does the Secret Service have power over the President? While the Secret Service holds the power to override the President, the President does have extreme influence over the decisions and the leadership of the agency. The President appoints the Director of the Secret Service and the Secretary of Homeland Security

Can the Secret Service force the President to hide? The law essentially forbids the president from refusing Secret Service protection.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's bullshit, no one gets to tell the POTUS what he is allowed to do.

Reply to
Jock

Nissan/Infinity is a bit like Chevy/Cadillac though.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Of course not.

No it does not.

Irrelevant to whether the SS gets to tell the president whether he can drive his own car or not.

BULLSHIT. And what are they going to do if he flouts that alleged law ? Arrest him ?

Reply to
Jock

I never lived more than seven miles from work. In that 70's crunch four of us in the same development carpooled to our suburban labs. My lab director who had maybe a five mile trip used a motorcycle.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

If Biden were to go anywhere alone today he probably would not know how to get home.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

No president has done so. You can call all the bullshit you want but does not make it fact. Show some evidence or facts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's bullshit too with all of Ike, LBJ and JFK

Just as true of your claim about the law.

You made that claim about the law. You get to do that. +

Reply to
Jock

Make his life miserable? Disgruntled underlings can be very creative. In the extreme case we have Indira Gandhi who pissed off her Sikh bodyguards.

Reply to
rbowman

That might be one of the many differences between the US and your country. Thanks for trying to play, though.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

They are good at collecting Federal money though. If you look at a trucker's atlas of Arkansas damn near every goat trail is designated as a truck route. I assume it has something to do with Federal highway grants.

If you try to take a 53' trailer up Petit Jean mountain you're going to use every bit of road including the shoulders to get around the hairpins.

Reply to
rbowman

Noe there was phenomenal.. It required a certain sang froid since the clamshell 'wings' took their job seriously and started flapping for takeoff at 70 mph.

Reply to
rbowman

I wonder how much it costs the taxpayers when Biden walks down the street for an ice cream cone? I shouldn't single out Biden; most presidents have had a penchant for photo ops to show them mingling with the people even though the people have sometimes shown their displeasure by shooting them.

I'm amazed by the newsreels of a certain 20th century leader being slowly driven down the Strasse while standing up in an open Mercedes with people hanging out of every window along the way. I think the SS has had nightmares about that since JFK.

Reply to
rbowman

There is a degree of self-preservation involved. afaik the only royal to have been shot at and hit was Edward Prince of Wales. The US has a better sort of assassin. So far they have bagged 4 and wounded 2.

The most creative failure was by Liengang:

I've got to think drugs were involved... Still we need to do something about forklifts in the hands of children.

Reply to
rbowman