OT (?) too light image when printing Google Maps

I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is printed too lightly to be read?

Reply to
taxed and spent

Can you use the clipping tool (Win7), save the file and print it?

Reply to
bob_villain

thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Reply to
taxed and spent

Not in XP.

I tried to print to PDF, and then print the PDF, but same problem.

I can't cut and paste into a WORD doc to try that.

Reply to
taxed and spent

You can't adjust the printing characteristics of your printer?

Reply to
dadiOH

not enough

Reply to
taxed and spent

|I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not | the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is | printed too lightly to be read? |

Are you printing from the webpage? What you could do would be to save the image, open it in Irfan View, go to Image -> Color Corrections, and lower gamma and/or brightness. Then print it.

Another option:

I wanted to be able to get Google maps, streetview and satellite, all easily, in one place, without needing to allow script at Google. It turns out that Google makes their map API (functions to get maps) available for free. The only requirement is that any software using it 1) be free and 2) have a Google logo in it. So I wrote the program myself and find it very handy. It also has settings to adjust saturation and brightness of the map image, and to save it to disk as a JPG. It's not as fully featured as the Google maps site. They don't provide as much functionality in their free API. But it does pretty much everything that matters.

Reply to
Mayayana

It might help to include the brand and model of the printer.

Reply to
Neill Massello