OT - To Stormin Mormon

I'm so glad we have continuing revelation. Unlike the other churches which do not.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi Stormin'

Wait. Hold everything. You're ALIVE???? What happens to me if I pass before you and don't get your VHS player? H-a-v-e you been f-u-n-n-i-n' us?

I have a lot of very nice Mormon relativities on my father's side of the family. Me personally, I would rather have people, even with a non-Christian Jesus, who follow the teachings of the Christian Jesus, than professing Christians who don't follow a damn thing Jesus teaches.

You may not know the Christian Jesus (I think you actually do), but what is most important is that he know you. And, that is how we treat others -- you do a good job of it. Put a lot of us "Christians" to shame.

The Lord better take you home first. I NEED THAT VHS PLAYER!

Many years Stormin'

-T

Reply to
Todd

Nice thing about being dead, the Spirit is so, so much stronger. Thought you knew that? Oh, wait, you're still alive.

Having met some Bible only church goers, I wonder some times if they know the real Jesus. Like to think I know some about the real Jesus, and that I do my best to be his disciple. There is so much more I can know, do, be.

Did you imply that the Mormon Jesus isn't Christian? If you mean Christian as in follows Catholics, or Nicean Creed, I agree. If you mean the Mormon Jesus doesn't follow only the Bible, I'm agreeing with you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm open to discussing my personal beliefs. But, it ought to be on alt religion Mormon or some other list where we won't upset others too badly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ddin't know about using a tree for a straight stick, but...

you can also push start an automatic. had it done to me once when no jumper cables around. First, slightly apply the brake to maintain good contact else a gap can be devastating and have to start over. put in drive, not low, get up to around 25 to 30 and STARTS right away, once dried out the massive flooding that had happened.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I've deglazed a license plate using a tree but that's a story for another time.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I remember the night the clutch cable on my Chevette snapped about half past midnight. I figured it out after a while. Shift in neutral. Start the engine. Push like everything, and got it going about 1 MPH. jump in, cram the shift into first. Goose the gas, and put the flashers on. Got me to the repair garage. Walk home from the garage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've push started vehicles with standard shift. No fun, but it can be done. Helped start a farm tractor that way, one time, also. Pull it around with a yet larger tractor, until it starts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

To me, the most frightening aspect is that the petroleum industry a long time ago learned that it could raise the rpice with impunity, ...by simply removing the gasoline for a while. Price went from ?? to $2 instantly, yet very few stations were burnt to the ground, and no one in Congress was voted out.

Of course the justification for the increase was the instability in the MidEast. Ok, so then if the crude cost so much, why did the top seven oil companies then post the most outrages profits in history? Even as they tried to shovel the money into tax exmpt investments, so they subtract from those profits? What did they do with that money, they bought farmland, like you would NOT believe. Of corse all the farmers encouraged to 'borrow' easy money from govt sources with promises of fortunes and promptly removing most subsidies further reducing profits until many, many famers got into financial troubles and were foreclosed on and HAD to sell. Making farmland readily available at incredibly low prices.

Now, oil companies armed with the knowledge that it is possible to raise the price of a 'necessary' commodity to any level by simply removing it for awhile have bought a huge percentage of food source lands... One must wonder whether the same technique to increase profits will happen after becoming completely entrenched in food source supply. And, let's add a few laws to prevent people from growing their own food and you have an interesting scenario.

Even utilities do not seem to be exampt from the effect. After moving to AZ and being surprised at the cost of electricity; I noticed a pattern. Everytime the evening news carried people complaining about the high cost of electricity; we suddenly had power outages. Outages that lasted about two hours, just long enough to panic you, but not so long as to lose fridge and frozen foods, ...and no more talk about the high price of electricity.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Never let a good crisis go to waste. And if you don't have one, make your own. Always a way to make the public do what you wanted them to do.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I will just write you directly. Might be a few days.

Reply to
Todd

Thanks. I am really bad about remembering to check my hotmail. I'll do that now that I know someone real is writing. I don't thrive on spam ads.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Push starting a car with standard shift is easy. I used to do it, by my self, regularly, with our Gremlin (the most appropriately named car in history). Well, it gets to be a problem if you have fuel injection and the battery is completely dead. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
krw

As in the film "Wag the Dog"?

I think that. You think that. Others think that.

So, why does it continue? Why are we 'locked' into this system?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Started a VW bug once in reverse. Was parkved uphill, so put the trans in reverse, released the brake, then the clutch.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

1) if it works, do it again 2) if it doesn't work, do it harder
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Click: picture downloads, ...until mid way, about hands, then blanks and starts over! Download: starts gets to somewhere, and ERROR, must manually start over! Not once, not twice, but many, many times, either way.

UNTIL I 'replied' to complain and then the picture finished all the way through. Hmmmm. Go figure.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in Safari.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

THAT'S EXACTLY the answers I get when I complain about some vendor's website, "Well, I just tried it and it worked for me." Certainly FULL of information on where to look and how to fix, right?

The website I like is the one paid for with tax dollars to provide the service of presenting aerial maps and now REQUIRING Microsoft Silverlight! Yeah, REQUIRES Silverlight for those fixed images. Oh, but the zoom in overlay graphics are so much MORE dramatic than before. All that for 'transitional' oomph! The aerial maps/photos are STILL blurry, though.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I sincerely apologize for trying to help by letting you know that the link worked fine in certain browsers. I just realized that being aware that a link works fine some browsers in no way helps differentiate between a bad link link and a problem with some browser's handling of that link.

As we all know, we've never, ever had a bad link posted in this ng, so it was a complete waste of your time and mine for me to have let you know that the link was valid and that you should eliminate the link as the root cause of the issue.

Reply to
DerbyDad03