Nearly three feet

I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4. Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they describe this grabber. What do you think?

Reply to
Daniel Prince

I think you're trolling.

Reply to
krw

Daniel Prince wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think they should list the tool's length as being "nearly one arshin".

An arshin is a old Russian measurement equal to 28", so they'd be less mendacious than they seem now.

Reply to
Tegger

The tool is made in a country where the people's feet are much smaller than American feet.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be

7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be

7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be

7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Times 3. That was 21 way back when I was in school.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Your three posts bring it to 21 feet!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't think that the end of your thumb is the length of your reach.

Reply to
Lewis

Sounds reasonable. They should probably just list the length.

Reply to
woodchucker

There could be more of the same coming because it keeps telling me that the server could not be reached thus it was not sent...see what happens with this one. Heck, it could be 42 feet once they all get there!

Reply to
IGot2P

I got the same thing for a few minutes. My settings were supposedly wrong although I haven't changed anything for almost a year.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I think sometimes posting using aioe.org that issue happens. It may have nothing to do with your settings at all.

Reply to
Jenn

Well, no matter what the problem was that Harbor Freight Grabber got out there a lot further that was expected...think I will buy one. :-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

We have one of those Harbor Freight grabbers, too. Recently, I purchases some solar string lights for the yard at HF.

Reply to
Jenn

I still think you should quit kicking your cat's balls. That's gotta' hurt!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Don't, if it's that blue plastic one. I bought one. There are better ones available.

I use one - a better one, now - when I pick up the fallen branches, pine cones, and potato plants from my yard before mowing the grass. It saves bending over multiple times.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

But the "Chinese foot" measure is actually 1.094ft.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Actually, I already have a decent "grabber" but rarely use it. Now tell us all what the heck potato plants are doing in your yard.

Reply to
IGot2P