OT: stupid kids on school bus

This is neither duty nor authority to prevent any crime. This is a way to make less convenient, but the cops still have no way to pick out a specific malefactor and take preventive action.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

What you said in context is this:

"Here is the assault statute for my state (AZ). This assault, if charged, would be under section 3. There is nothing in this statute that fits the verbal abuse that occurred in this case. "

Pay attention to the last sentence. Section 3 exactly fits what occured.

You take the 4 offenders off the bus and into the police station. The bus proceeds on. Really, really simple.

These are not homicide suspects. They could be put in one of the rooms used for questioning, with just a simple door lock.

Thinking like you do, I'm sure you would. But you probably make all kinds of people's lives hell for similar non-existent reasons.

Wow, it was just a few? Really, when did you figure that out? Thanks for the material correction.

Sure you were, you just stated above how you'd be pissed at having the school bus not arrive on schedule. Gee, suppose it broke down, why I guess you'd go ballistic.

Nobody said life is always fair. A lot of kids on that bus were probably fed up with these hoodlums too. They probably would enjoy seeing the bus go to the police station, or having the cops come to the bus. I would, so I could see the thugs get put in their place. And imagine the positive effect when what happens gets all over the school.

That was one problem and I've said that from the start. She isn't qualified to be a bus monitor. However it is not the only problem. The other problem is out of control kids who have no respect for others.

Never said it was necessary. Only that it was a perfectly valid option when young hoodlums are committing assault. Assault by the law YOU provided. And possibly terroristic threats too, by making the remark about possibly sticking the bus aid with a knife. And 20-20 hindsight sure is cool, isn't it. You now know that they in fact were not going to stick her. Of course if they had, why then you might be singing a different tune. And I'm sure you know that there are plenty of incidents where some deranged kids have in fact done exactly that....

Reply to
trader4