OT: Sobriety test

On 3/8/2016 8:34 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Smart blonde!
--
Maggie

Err.... nipples are for kids. Adults sucking nipples is a bit weird.
--
The only intuitive user interface is the nipple.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 22:24:16 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

I always assumed a laser jammer was probably the easiest to do and a little harder to be arrested for. They are really only seeing the reflected signal so it would not take too much power to overwhelm that with random noise in the same general band of modulation. You might have to figure out what the wavelength of the laser they are using but it is down in the IR range so they won't see your beam. If your "jam" is strong enough you will drive their input amp into saturation and they won't see anything. I have heard that if you have a flat black nose on your car, no front tag and retracted headlights, there is not much to shoot at.
On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 22:52:11 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

I do wonder a little about all of this laser stuff. If a pilot is so distracted by a flash of laser light, how is he going to deal with a fire in the cockpit or some other thing we think they can handle?
OTOH maybe we should just drop 50 cent laser pointers to the Kurds and let them bring down all of those Russian fighters,
On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 01:59:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

+1
On 3/9/2016 7:07 AM, CRNG wrote:

Being blinded is a bit more than a distraction. Pilots like to be able to see their instruments and see the ground out the window.
On 3/9/2016 4:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A couple decades ago, I'd heard some where about military pilots blinded by lasers. Retina problems that render them unable to fly. Or permanant blind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Maybe if you are talking about some kind of industrial laser but we are usually talking about a laser pointer. If these were that dangerous, they would have been banned years ago. You certainly would not have them flashing around classrooms where our kids are sitting and we would have millions of blind cats every year..

I used to work in a UK school, and at one point they were banned. This rule was ignored. I don't think it was law as I can't find anything on the internet about it, probably a local council being stupid.
--
If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

Which a laser pointer doesn't do, any more than someone driving towards you with sidelights on.
--
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when asking where the bathroom is?

Per Bod:

My understanding is that the USA is the only country in the developed world that has a major political party (the Republicans) that engages in global warming denial.
I am not sure what countries qualify as "Developed", but it would seem that includes all of Europe.
Certainly neither China nor India engage in global warming denial.
Maybe South Africa? Zimbabwe? Somalia?
Maybe somebody from another developed country can comment on that.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 3/12/2016 6:14 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

They tend to deny that the cyclical warming of the earth is due to man.
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 7:29:17 PM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:

republicans are primarily the party of the wealthy, and buy congress denial of global warming.
they will get concerned when the super wealthy wall streeters get their 10 grand shoes wet, and are forced to go to work in boats
On 3/12/2016 6:35 PM, bob haller wrote:

Your first statement is truly laughable. Are you implying that democrats are not doing everything in their power to protect their wealth?
Hell, Clinton is owned by Wall Street. LOL

If that actually happened, which it won't. And if it does it won't be due to us.
--
I once got the stuffing beat out of me fighting for a girl's honour.
She wanted to keep it.

Can somebody list some countries in that category?
--
Pete Cresswell

He read this and there is now a warrant out for you. VA takes those radar detector infidels seriously. 8-)
--
Tekkie

Unfortunately I'm not in America just now, I was just wondering incase I holidayed there.
--
We've come so far that community service is considered punishment.

theres a easy answer to prevent drunk driving, and unsafe driving in general
all new vehicles will have cameras monitoring the driver, and all activities of the vehicle.
cars will self report, calling the police for help if the driver is driving poorly, weaving, speeding, going too slow etc etc.
if anyone tries to tamper with the system. the vehicle will be disabled.....

Big Brother is wrong. Idiot.
--
I went to buy some camoflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.