OT Short of news in the UK

Bill Kniess wrote in news:XnsA02525201ED09jcartgmailcom@74.209.136.94:

Zimmerman's gun WAS confiscated and is STILL being held as evidence. same for his clothing. Zimmerman was handcuffed,taken into custody,held for several hours while police investigated. I'm sure crime scene photos were taken for evidence,not that they would be released to the public this early. Zimmerman also received medical treatment from EMTs at the crime scene,and I believe he had stitches to close the wound on the back of his head.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Bill Kniess wrote in news:XnsA025272E05E22jcartgmailcom@74.209.136.94:

From what Zimmerman's father said last night on Fox35,Trayvon was wandering around behind some townhomes,not just walking home from 7-11. Places he was not supposed to be.

Yes,he did,same as any other adult. However,I don't believe any questions were ever asked. Trayvon disappeared from Zimmerman's sight(that's on the tapes IIRC),and that is when he returned to his SUV to wait for police to arrive,and when he was attacked.

What if he were asking or going to ask for directions?? there's a lot of questions that are NOT "confrontational". Unless you have a big chip on your shoulder,or are doing something wrong.

Do you have a citation for that? In the light of the Trayvon attack,it certainly seems prudent to go about armed after dark. Plus,I'm probably a bit more familiar with Sanford that most of you folks,I live only 15 miles away,and have travelled through it many times. It's a high crime area,the entire city. In some areas,people have BARS on their windows and doors.

Zimmerman acted reasonably. He defended himself from a vicious,unreasonable attack. He also fired only ONE shot. That was verified by the officer that took possession of and cleared his gun. That shows restraint.

One more item; Zimmerman and his wife were a mentor to a black single mom and her two children. does that sound like a racist?

there is NO evidence of any "confrontation",nor was his following Trayvon any "provocation". There IS evidence and witness testimony of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman.

also,note that Trayvon was caught at his school possessing a burglar tool(flat bladed screwdriver,a prybar used by thieves) and 12 pieces of womens jewelry,so it's very possible Trayvon WAS looking for homes to burgle when Zimmerman saw him. I wonder if that is how his gold "grill" was paid for?

Trayvon was suspended multiple times,for vandalism,drug possession,and was found in possession of a burglar tool and the womens jewelry,he was NOT any "good kid".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You're about 33 years too late, dumbshit.

Reply to
krw

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I see Neighborhood Watch signs all over the place,when I'm out bicycling.

do the Neighborhood Watch Org. people go out and "patrol"(walk/drive around),or are they just people who watch from their windows? If you're going to go outside at night in a high crime area,I'd go armed. Thugs are MEAN these days.

By "don't want",do they specifically say "under no circumstances" or is it "we'd rather you didn't" go armed?

Heck,several years ago,a neighbor in the building next to mine got shot in the hallway at 4AM,I heard the shots,looked out my bedroom window to see the shooters run to their car and blast off with no lights on. I gave a report to the police,the guy had minor small caliber gunshot wounds to his arm,and was OK. They had tried to rob him. In the apartment complex next door to mine,a guy was held up at gunpoint.

Even in the "nice" neighborhoods,there are armed robberies and burglaries.

"better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Zimmerman is still alive. His gun probably saved his life.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I guess you have to buy the 32 page book to find out for sure

National Neighborhood Watch Institute (NNWI) is the premier national supplier of Neighborhood Watch materials. NNWI was the provider of the Sanford Florida sign seen so prominently in recent news coverage.

Our Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff."

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement. They do not take the law into their own hands. We Look Out For Each Other is our motto.

Click here to view or purchase our 32 page Participants Handbook.

Then you have this with a real training program

I Goggled a few places and none mention weapons.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

there is NO evidence Zimmerman tried to make any arrest or to directly prevent a crime in progress. He did not make or seek a confrontation. (but Trayvon did,he went after Z.) Zimmerman DID report to police,and tried to keep the suspect in sight until police arrived. When he lost sight of the suspect,he went back to his SUV.

there's no evidence Zimmerman tried to that.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Right, but the investigation is not complete yet.

Right, but the investigation is not complete yet so we don't know that for fact. Why did Trayvon go after him? We don't know that either.

True. But the investigation is not complete yet.

We still have to see the final results and keep an open mind until that time. I agree that Z should not be arrested yet and should be only if an investigation shows cause for it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you'd think that any witnesses would have come forward by now,especially considering the racial tensions and potential for more deaths and much property damage. Of course,that racial tension may be keeping witnesses AWAY,too scared to come forth with testimony that would show TRayvon to be lurking around places he had no business being around,or that reinforced the testimony that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. The physical evidence is pretty much all collected,although I suspect that if they looked around the area,under bushes,or elsewhere,they'd find some burglar tools that Trayvon dumped before he went to attack Zimmerman. Like a big flat-blade screwdriver...like he was caught with at school.

MANY people don't care that the NEW investigation is not complete. They are demanding Zimmerman be arrested immediately. It's going to be interesting when the NEW investigation closes the case as it stands now. After all,the presumption of innocence is Zimmerman's civil right.

Although the independent investigators may wimp out and throw it to a Grand Jury to decide,and the Grand Jury opts for a trial so THEY don't have to face the mob either,submitting to blackmail. That is probably the most likely course this will take. And THEN it becomes another OJ SImpson trial. and a huge waste of money for nothing.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I would hope they are very thorough, but there was, it seems, to have been at least a minor delay getting things started. Evidence could have been lost. What seemed simple enough was made difficult because of the protests and every detail will be scrutinized. .

I have to wonder if there is a lot more already known, but not released to forestall any bigger protests, sit ins, whatever. The initial photo was of a nice looking little boy that was killed and that alone was enough to get people upset.

Initial indications were self defense. Thee is no reason to arrest at this point. An articles in the OP-Ed section of today's paper said Z should be arrested and let the court sort it out. Well, that is not the way our system works. You have to prove guilt, not that you are innocent. Charges have to have some substance.

What is sad, no matter what the outcome, the other side will feel it is wrong and justice was not served.

Maybe OJ will find some more evidence while he is out searching for the real killer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Heh....on the golf courses....

Bit I believe OJ is still in jail for that attempt to "recover his memorabilia".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Why do I get a feeling that the memorabilia caper was a setup to "get" OJ? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Define "speed". I see cars zipping past GSP cars at >85 with no response. Of course last Friday night it was a couple hours of 0MPH on I85 (though the worst one was across the border in AL.

Bull. ;-)

Reply to
krw