OT Short of news in the UK

A boy lost his life.

Reply to
gonjah

gonjah wrote in news:3KCdnSiZ16e_MfLSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet:

Martin is Trayvon martin,the one shot. Zimmerman (Z)is the neighborhood watch guy.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yeah. Thanks

Reply to
gonjah

gonjah wrote in news:_sednXhfbsm9WPLSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet:

doesn't matter,Zimmerman is not a law enforcement official(LEO). He can "profile" if he wants. all he does is call police and have them check out the suspect,as he did that night with Trayvon. But his credibility drops if he makes too many wrong accusations. but 47 calls to police in a 3 year period is not too many calls.

what you seek to know,there were no witnesses for. there's no evidence or witnesses to any alleged provocation or wrongdoing on Zimmerman's part. and in that event,Zimmerman goes free. the burden of proof of a crime is on the prosecution. All the -evidence- points to Z doing legitimate self-defense.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Maybe he slipped on wet grass running after the kid and injured his head. Then the kid jumped on him in retaliation.

We can come up with all sorts of scenarios on both sides. Fact is, we cannot draw any conclusions just yet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

gonjah wrote in news:1YGdnT13YMWVW_LSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet:

more likely,you may not get the chance to stab,particularly with a guy with a long reach like a 6foot plus person has. you might hit a button or other hard object that stops your blade. you more likely might just wound him and REALLY anger him.

through unwise actions of his own choice.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That is true. While I agree with that, if I was really PO'd because someone severely agitated me, I just pay pummel the hell out of him for a few minutes. It is not the right thing to do, but humans often react that way.

So easy to say what should be done, so difficult to maintain composure when in a bad situation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, that is why I said Taster, not stun gun. Taser works for something like 15 feet.

You suspect wrong. They should be used carefully though.

If Tased, he won't be doing that.

Or to shoot you first.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks. I could not find that, any where.

.

7:09 until about 7:18 PM or there about on feb 26 2012
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Got out of his car, followed the teen, obviously enough that the teenager mentioned it on the cell phone..... that sounds like escallation to me.

.

All the -evidence- points to Z doing legitimate self-defense.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He's running forward and slipped backwards? now you're stretching. Besides,that skinny kid could EASILY outrun the overweight Zimmerman. the kid was an athlete. In fact,he TOLD his girlfriend he was NOT going to run away,according to her statement to police. That sounds like he already decided to confront.

and athletes learn to be aggressive.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I *think* there was a confrontation between them. How it started is unknown.

Reply to
gonjah

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

tell me,once someone starts pummelling you,HOW do you know they are going to stop before you're dead or severely injured? do you think people don't get "carried away" in the heat of the moment?

you have NO way of knowing. at that point you are relying on THEIR "good intentions" toward you.

As I said,people HAVE died from a SINGLE punch to the head.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

...and deserved to do so. Sorry, but Darwin is a bitch.

Reply to
krw

Okay. M punched Z. Is that how this started? Since you know all the facts enlighten us.

Reply to
gonjah

Your lack of compassion is noted.

Reply to
gonjah

I *AM* calling you stupid, thick, and dense. You can't even read!

Reply to
krw

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

USUALLY works. if you don't miss,if the guy isn't wearing thick clothes,on PCP,etc. but at 15 feet,you don't meet self-defense,if the other guy is unarmed.

I'd say Zimmerman used his carefully. He held off until he was on his back in a very bad position,and then only fired ONE shot.

If tasing WORKS. it doesn't all the time.In that case,it would be preemptive "self-defense",and much harder to explain. Plus,Zimmerman was surprise attacked. he was too big for such a skinny kid to come at head-on,plus Z had his gun.

Now you're getting stupid. it's a CONCEALED gun,not legal to bring it out before self-defense is necessary. that is "brandishing",and it will get your permit revoked. It's also grounds for a person to shoot YOU and lawfully claim self- defense.

you must not have a carry permit,you don't know the laws.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yes, SKUNK. The *worst* kind. Note that the SKUNK did *not* pay it, and had his groupies pay it a decade or two late.

Since you know nothing about the case, just give it up. You're wrong.

Reply to
krw

You say that w/o knowing what actually happened.

Reply to
gonjah