OT: Shingles Vaccine

Hi All,

I have suspected that the shingles vaccine caused singles for a while now based on my customers that got the vaccine and also got shingles. Those that did not get the vaccine mysteriously did not get the shingles. Hint: it is a LIVE virus vaccine.

Now Merck is getting their asses sued over it.

Any of you get the singles from the vaccine may want to sign up for the lawsuit.

-T

Zostavax is almost considered obsolete at this time. There's a much more effective vaccine on the market (shingrix) to minimize the risk of shingles. It's been so popular that for many months there's been a shortage. See for details:

The vaccine is NOT a live virus vaccine but requires a second injection

2-6 months after the first one. Because it is so much more effective than Zostovax, it is usually recommended even for people who previously received a Zostovax shot. However, speaking from personal experience, it can induce a more severe systemic reaction in some people than most immunizations. It can produce generalized muscle ache, low grade fever, headache, and a moderately tender site of injection. The symptoms (for me) started about 4-6 hours after the injection and lasted about 36 hours but were moderately well controlled with acetaminophen. More people who get systemic reactions get them with the second shot. For me, the first shot was worse and I had almost no tenderness or systemic reactions to the second shot (go figure). Having seen relatives suffer with shingles, for me, getting the Shringrix shots was well worth the day or two of side effects. Best bet, discuss with a doctor who knows you and whom you trust.
Reply to
Peter

Uhhh. Better double check you source:

"ZOSTAVAX is a live attenuated virus vaccine..."

Hope you don't get the singles from it. Everyone else I know that got it did.

You should read more carefully. He was talking about Shingrix not being a live virus. Check the link just above his comment.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Ambulance chaser alert.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Thankfully I've never had a Zostavax deficiency so have no need to take it. Thanks for the heads-up though! ;-)

Reply to
Roger Wilco

It was about 2 years ago when I asked my family doctor for the shingles vaccine - he prescribed the older one - but the pharmacist clued-me-in and I went back and had the prescription changed. I had no adverse reaction to either of the 2 shots of shingrix. but then, I never react to things much anyway - because of all the dirt I ate as a young child. We'd chip off pieces of the cow-lick-salt in the neighbour's pasture - to use on the green apples we'd eat ... John T.

hubops

You seemed so anxious to criticize that you didn't read what I wrote. The sentence "The vaccine is NOT a live virus vaccine" followed my link for Shingrix. Furthermore, both me and my wife, my parents, my father-in-law, and many friends got Zostovax when it first became available and none of them got shingles within a year (and only one, my wife, got shingles several years later, showing how minimally effective Zostovax is at preventing shingles).

Reply to
Peter

That ain't nothin'. LOL, wait until the truth about statins, cholesterol and refined carbohydrates becomes mainstream.

Reply to
Roger Wilco

No fooling.

I already found out the hard way about the refined carbs when I got T2

Stay the hell away from them!

T's Diabetes Drug rule: all diabetes drugs will eventually end their life cycles in a lass action suit.

I wish the "ambulance chasers" would go after the flu shot. It does not work against the flu in the wild as it is the wrong virus, it is a live virus and communicable, so we get two flues every year. The one in the wild and one deliberately introduced by the shot. The economic damage it causes businesses is enormous, not to mention the personal toll.

Don't confuse Mr. T. He's like those hippies in WA state that won't get vaccinated so measles is spreading again. They think it causes autism and it's bad.

Reply to
trader_4

  I've had both . The first one in May 2017 and the second (2 shot) in 2018 . The first shot of the second one knocked me on my ass for several days , symptoms you mentioned but exaggerated and for almost a week . Second shot had no ill effects at all . I've known a couple of people who had shingles (while I knew them) and I don' want it !
Reply to
Terry Coombs

I happened to have my yearly checkup today. My doctor, who is quite conservative medically speaking, explained a new algorithm being pushed by cardiologists. It weights several factors to estimate your risks, and suggests statins if your risk evaluates to over 5%. Not in quite these words but she said it was a crock of shit. My cholesterol is great, I'm not diabetic, and I don't smoke. She also muttered something about the pharmaceutical companies buying doctors under her breath.

To stay on topic, last year she mentioned the shingles vaccine. She wasn't impressed by the original or the newer and more expensive version. If I wanted the shots she would set it up but suggested if I ever noticed the symptoms of shingles I should immediately get my ass to the ER where treatment would reduce the severity.

Reply to
rbowman

First thing they need to do is run over Richard Sackler a few times with the ambulance, making sure none of the injuries are fatal.

Reply to
rbowman

Measles is just the start. May not be long before the iron lungs will be taken out of storage. Vaccines have been well proven to work.

I think the 18 yo guy that just started the vaccinations is much smarter than his parents.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm sure all our new visitors from third world countries have all their shots up to date.

Reply to
rbowman

Probably get them for free. They are a reason the rest of us should be prepared.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I just read that it is only 47% effective. That is useful in that there are less people infected to spread it.

I was also told by my pharmacist that previous vaccinations can also help with current flu. I've been getting vaccinated for over 60 years and never had the flu.

Reply to
invalid unparseable