OT - Math Trick

For as long as I can remember, I have loved math tricks. This one really works! It will take you only about ten seconds and, amazingly, it will reveal your all-time favorite movie. DO NOT cheat. DO YOUR math, THEN compare the results on the list of movies at the bottom. You will be AMAZED at how scary true and accurate this test is: 1. Pick a number from 1-9. 2. Multiply that number by 3. 3. Add 3. 4. Multiply by 3 again. 5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies below:

Movie List: 1. Gone With the Wind 2. E.T. 3. Blazing Saddles 4. Star Wars 5. Forrest Gump 6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 7. Jaws 8. Grease 9. The Nancy Pelosi Resignation Speech 10. Casablanca 11. Jurassic Park 12. Shrek 13. Pirates of the Caribbean 14. Titanic 15. Raiders of the Lost Ark 16. Home Alone 17. Mrs. Doubt fire

... Now, isn't that something?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I've not been to a movie in years, yet it still found the best of all time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Nothing magic here:

Any time you multiply a number by 9 and add the digits of the resulting number, it will end up a 9. I think my fifth-grade teacher did that one.

Just a cheap trick in an attempt to make a political point.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

A bit uptight? Gee, it's all in fun. Lighten up, Francis!

Reply to
Meanie

Now I see your problem. An extremely tight sphincter muscle.

Reply to
Meanie

Another little trick with 9.

Somewhere along the way, in grade school I think, I learned the Trachtenberg system from his book that was popular at the time.

It didn't earn me any popularity with my teachers that I could write down the result and check it by cast out the nines without showing the intermediate steps.

Josephine Errera, my high school algebra teacher, was particularly annoyed. "You skip steps and don't write anything down. Usually you're right, but if you're not I don't have a clue where you went wrong."

Reply to
rbowman

They're all movies that a repuglican would consider "best". Factor in Schrodinger's equation and a list of social-democrat films will be appended to the list. Wait, that would be too complicated for a retard, huh ? []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Schrödinger equation? That's the one that says you have to open the box to tell if the Notorious RBG is dead or alive?

Reply to
rbowman

I'd not be shocked if it was Pence's favorite. People like him often have secrets.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski