OT School masks work

This CC study shows that wearing masks in school makes a difference. Not perfect but a 3.7X difference.

Ed Pawlowski

This will be ignored by "works or doesn't work" Binary-Americans.

Reply to
Neill Massello

This is what Fretwell asked for just a few days ago, but I bet he won't be satisfied.

Reply to
trader_4

The first thing that disturbs me is the definition of a school based outbreak. "Calculated as all new confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases per

100,000 population occurring in each zip code containing a school included in this analysis during the surveillance week in which the school?s academic year started".

They did not differentiate between kids and adults or even if the adults had kids in school. The Arizona study was "During July 15?August 31, 2021." when there were a lot of other activities going on besides summer school.

gfretwell

Trader is right, again.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

:)

Reply to
trader_4

I pointed out in another thread, CDC did exactly what you accused me of. They extrapolated 2 counties in Arizona into a broad statement about the whole country. At least I was willing to admit it was anecdotal.

Reply to
gfretwell

You were calling for these studies, asking where they were, about a week ago. Now it looks like you didn't even pay much attention to the CDC link above or look at the actual studies, because CDC cites three studies. Only one was for the two largest counties in AZ, the other two used data from schools across the entire country.

Reply to
trader_4

The one with any real detail was Pima and Maricopa in Az. They also did not try to equate the Covid cases with people who had kids in school.

Reply to
gfretwell