OT. Recommend Moving Company?

Good news, bad news. We sold our house the first day (totally unexpectedly since our next door neighbor's house sat on the market for 2 mos and never sold.) That's the good news.

The buyers were considering letting us do a rent back for a month or two, then changed their minds. That's the bad news. We have 3 weeks to get out, with no place to go. (Our manufactured home won't be ready for another two months.)

So, can anyone recommend a good moving and storage company? We'll pack most of our boxes, but we'll need someone to get everything out of here and then hold onto it for us until our new house is ready. Storing it in our area ourselves isn't feasible. We need the movers to store it, then deliver it later.

Is this doable? Who should we use? What should we know about this process that we don't know now?

Help. I'm in a panic. I'm in a wheelchair. My husband's sister is dying of cancer and he's leaving Sunday for a week to see her in Philly (we're in California.) My girlfriend is flying in from Wisconsin to be with me while he's gone. My head is spinning with all the apps, permits, etc. involved in the new place, and now we have to vacate this place on Friday, Nov 26th, the day after Thanksgiving. I'm told we can take three days after that, but that's all. The buyers even asked if we'd close escrow early so they could do Thanksgiving in their new home. While we're in some motel somewhere. We told them sorry but we can't do that. I'm really freaked by all this, so I'm turning to the net to find out how to make this move without having a coronary. Oh, yeah, I have a heart condition, too. LOL. Can life get any more complicated?

So, you guys have helped me before with advice and information. Any suggestions? Thank you, thank you in advance.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Reply to
maxinemovies

ClaudCar

Hi Maxine, Can you email me privately? I used to work for a moving company in southern california that also provides storage. Where are you in California?

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

Reply to