OT Puzzling computer problem & fix

I've gotten a lot of help here so thought this might help somene in the future in return.

Yesterday morning couldn't type into programs with keyboard or start programs from the bottom of the screen. Lots of other problems as well. Rebooted several times. About ready to reinstall XP. For some reason tried MS Word. First off it told me control key was down! Sure enough - stuck halfway down. Pulled it up and all works again! Will switch to another keyboard tomorrow before I boot up. I'd have never noticed it without Word's help.

Just a tip to put in the back of your mind. In all my ~50 years or so of computing never had this happen before so it really stumped me.

Reply to
KenK

Thanks for your input and I had the same problem and corrected it by buying a can of ENDUST for electronics. I spray my keyboard once every two weeks and have no further problems

Reply to
redzap78

Saw a similar problem maybe ten years ago on a friend's computer.

After I fooled with it I told he I'd have to put it on my workbench.

As I was disconnecting the keyboard I picked it up and a bunch of soda spilled out.

She glared at her drunken boyfriend and asked him if he spilled his drink.

At least he told the truth, " Gee, I don't recall doing so."

A few similar incidents and she had the good sense to throw him out

Reply to
philo