(OT) Pants length for men

A couple of years ago I went into the Sew'N'Vac to get a couple of belts for the vacuum. (Note to self: avoid sucking bootlaces into the thing that's supposed to go around) Those sewing machines certainly weren't Mom's Singer. She had a buttonhole attachment and that was as complicated as it got.

Reply to
rbowman

Being Paintedcow, try to get both legs folded in the same direction...

Reply to
rbowman

Just to clarify, make sure the fusing tape is between the folded hem. :) Also, use an iron setting specifically for the material your working with. Denim can take a medium high setting with steam, but too high a setting can burn denim. Keep moving the iron slowly over the area being fused, too. It's also a good idea to get a piece of old torn blue jeans you don't wear any more and practice fusing a hem on it first. That way when you work with the real pair of jeans you want to hem, you won't be cussing because you made a mistake.

yep! :)

Reply to
Muggles

This is the same model machine I own:

If you're interested, you can find the manual here that shows exactly what it can do:

My machine is 24 years old and still functions as if it is new. :)

My original sewing machine was a plain Singer machine. It had a zigzag stitch, buttonhole stitch, and straight stitch, and I used it to make everything I could think of! lol

This machine is close to the serger I used to have:

Muggles

Yeah ... I've got one of those, plus a ruffler. Now that ruffler is as cool a tool as it gets when it comes to sewing!

Reply to
Muggles

bob haller posted for all of us...

The sky is falling-the sky is falling. Join the protesters you are afraid everything will change overnight. Get a safe space and ignore those microagressions.

Reply to
Tekkie®

They did that 35 yrs ago when my daughter discovered Guest jeans. Where the Hell you been? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

No. I forget what they are called... Co-ed along with "shop" classes replaced by Lego and robotics. Photography got easier when it switched to digital; no developing tanks needed.

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

To each other... Cheap hotel pants-no ballroom.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Now you tell me! I'm going to be embarrassed next Saturday.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ever see the paint wash off a house in the rain? Water based until cured.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And you'll learn to vacuum when they make riding models.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

ok makes sense.

Reply to
Muggles

I read this entire damn thread, and I can't believe anyone already gave you the obvious, easiest solution. Sheesh, we learned this one in our combined Home Ec/Shop classes back in the 70s.

They're work pants, right? You aren't going anywhere nice in them. So fine - get your stapler, load it with some heavier-duty staples, and staple that hem. Works great, holds up through washing. Staples get rusty, but you won't care. Any break loose, just grab the stapler and hit it again. Easier than fussing with adhesive hem tape, and a lot cheaper than hiring someone to hem them for you.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Dammit you spoiled all the fun. I was waiting for the cow to bleat a question about how to get the fusing tape off Mrs. Cow's iron before she makes a steer out of him.

Reply to
rbowman

Er, a ruffler makes ruffles? Lot of call for those these days other than the ones that come in a bag? How about a furbelow or two? I knew a woman who made pubic hair wigs for the strippers in Boston's Combat Zone. I guess you could call them furbelows...

Reply to
rbowman

"We got high-school kids running 'round in Calvin Klein and Guess who cannot pass a sixth-grade reading test but if you ask them, they can tell you the name of every crotch on mTV and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free"

'Wasteland of the Free' Iris DeMent

She wrote the song in 1996; 20 years later after 16 years of Democrats and 8 of Republicans it hasn't aged a bit.

Reply to
rbowman

LOL Well ... in all fairness, I didn't want to leave out that detail thinking that it was obvious and then have him have to deal with Mrs. Cow's messed up iron.

Reply to
Muggles

HAHA!! When you raise daughters, a ruffler comes in handy!

Reply to
Muggles

Look at the bright side, then he will have his own iron and his wife will have a new one. It is a great tool for making seams in poly tarps Lay down a bead with a hot glue gun, lay down the second layer of tarp and iron it in. (same process you use on the cuff)

Reply to
gfretwell