At least it is not snow

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5:oo AM. And it is pouring right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks like perhaps next year.

Reply to
Bill who putters

I continually find the rainfalls East of the Rockies to be incredible. I live in a temperate rain-forest (Redwoods), and 4.5" of rain would be a very rainy weekend.

We grow ours in a pot. No way to tent it?

Reply to
Billy

This is normal for end of august for us in southern NY. Not uncommon to see 6" in a day when the tropical stuff comes up our way.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

A couple of weeks ago in Chicago metro we got 4 inches in 1 hour in the middle of the night. It was so bad the tornado sirens went on. In the morning we looked on the deck and the plants weren't wet. The wind during the storm had come from the opposite direction than the prevailing winds.

Reply to
Doug Freyburger

Looks like folks 8 miles from here got 8 inches. We got 6 inches 2 of which ended up in my basement. Weird that the gutters held just the sheer volume which was greater than anything in the last 50 years. Thunderstorm hitting now at least power is OK.

Reply to
Bill who putters

The last month here on the East Side of Michigan has been nice with a light rain rain about every three days. A slow all night rain two nights ago leaving the grass tall, thick and green. I will say this is unusual weather here for August. August is typically hot and dry. In March we had the monsoon like rain that was not a typical spring.

Reply to
<address_is