OT news sevice

I've used News Individual Net (NIN) for years but have often had problems with their payment service, Pick and Save. I don't use Paypal.

Can anyone suggest another good Usenet news service?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

KenK wrote in news:XnsA3806AF05D162invalidcom@130.133.4.11:

Sorry, that should be Click and Buy.

Reply to
KenK

I've used eternal-september for a few years. Only a few brief outages. It's free.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Teranews is also free and they carry better binaries , though there is a US$3.95 setup fee . They do have the occasional outage , so I keep e-s active as a backup .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

eternal-september aioe albasani

All free and only text-based.

Reply to
badgolferman

Check your facts , eternal-september carries a limited number of binary groups - size-limited posts though .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Astraweb

25 GB block account for 10 USD.

Credit card, iDeal or .SOFORT for payment.

Reply to
terrable

I like NIN but Click and Buy is a pain in the ass. Their technique of making small charges, in the dollar range, to verify a credit card, means every year I have to deal with MasterCard to explain the odd European charges. I really wish I could just put 15 euros in an envelope and mail it to them.

I've been using them for years after I realized a nntp server half way around the world did a lot better job than my ISP 8 miles away.

Reply to
rbowman

teranews is terrible. aside from the occassional outages, they have terrible to no customer service. BTW, for me, they've been unavailable for over a week and even their level2 customer service email bounces.

I just bought a non-expiring 2TB block for $60 from newsgroupdirect.com

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

On your say-so, I went to their site. They offer a week's free trial, but I could not find a way to order it.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I find tera's services acceptable for the price . Can't bitch much about free ... and as I said , I keep e-s active as a backup for those occasional outages . You must have been subscribed to one of their for-pay plans ... which I considered , not only tera but several others . I decided that the free service meets my needs , and the price is right so ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

for the 2TB block...for the free trial, I'd contact them

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

I have their free service. I was willing to put up with the occassional glitch, but when their help email bounces, I'm pretty much at my limit.

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

I never bothered to try email , figgered when it came back up it'd be back up ... but I did check it a couple of times a day , as it is my preferred server .

Reply to
Terry Coombs