OT: Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Are you from California?

Reply to
Eagle

Not a chance. While I enjoyed growing up in upstate NY, the state's policies didn't agree with me. I had a few good years, mostly in NH, but headed west when the hordes from MA arrived. MT has mountains, rivers, and a hell of a lot less people.

Half my toys aren't even legal in the Peoples Republic.

Reply to
rbowman

Then you don't know much about California then. Other than a liberal democraker government and too many foregners, California is a great place to live and play.

Reply to
Eagle

I'll take your word for it. My brother lived in Lompoc for a number of years and iirc one kid is in SF, the other in SD. I use kid very loosely; one has already retired.

New York is a great place to live and play too, except for Sodom on the Hudson and the liberal assholes they tend to elect to the state government. Upstate NY and NYC is sort of like comparing Yreka to La Mirada.

Reply to
rbowman

Years ago, I think I remember a quote from Washington DC mayor Marion Barry. He commented that crime was down, if you don't count the murders.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I lived in San Diego for over 30 years before moving to the Inland Empire in Riverside County. I reall liked the small town we lived in [Poway] but property got too expensive so we moved here in 2000. It;s OK, but starting to get crowded, so the next move will be forest lawn.

Reply to
Eagle

I remember that, and the reason he was removed from office.

Reply to
Eagle

Have a Coke and a smile, was it?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder if he smiled when the po po came in as he was indulging...

Reply to
Eagle

And he was re-elected for a fourth term after he was released from FCI Loretto. The people get the government they deserve.

Reply to
rbowman

Probably didn't inhale?

"Baby, better put some ice on that." -WJC

Reply to
Stormin Mormon