OT. Lucic Motors Air Sedan

The designer said he wanted his mom to hop in it and drive it without too much head scratching.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

When I saw Air Sedan I thought we might finally be getting our damn flying cars.

Reply to
rbowman

I used to want flying cars. Then I observed the behavior of blondes in SUVs and thought better of it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

"Amazon Alexa will be the primary voice assistant" Why isn't his wife the primary voice assistant!

Reply to
micky

Not to mention the drug dealer's fly-by shootings.

Reply to
Larry

Ain't that the truth...

That's one of the more interesting things at the Henry Ford. We probably dodged a bullet when that didn't work out.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't recall seeing it there, but it's been a long time and there are SO MANY things to see.

Yep.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I saw an article not long ago where a startup basically upsized a multi-rotor drone so that 1-2 humans could fit. Drones already have GPS navigation, collision avoidance, and automatic return-to-base capabilities, among other things. I think they said if you stay below a certain altitude, you don't need a special license to fly it.

I took a quick look just now, but everything I saw was from 2018, with headlines such as "World's First Passenger Drone Unveiled in China" and "Human-Carrying Drones Are Here". Videos are on youtube.

Jim Joyce

gfretwell

When I was working in Ft. Wayne I got up there a couple of times and loved it. I'm not sure I ever want to get that close to Detroit again.

Reply to
rbowman

Check the recent PBS NOVA episode on electric planes.

Neill Massello

Heh.

I'd settle for a robot that would clean my house.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Pish and tosh. I drive through Detroit every time I visit my mother. The traffic is lighter than using the bypass and going through the suburbs.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Mk.2 Roomba?

Reply to
rbowman

On Sat, 29 May 2021 02:39:04 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

But the crossfire is there!

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 29 May 2021 10:40:29 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

I'd need a robot the size of a bomb robot - minimum. More along the size of a Bobcat.

Reply to
Tekkie©

I can't even get the tomcat to pick up after himself.

Reply to
rbowman

Perhaps. But it would need arms to dust the ceiling fans, and legs to enable it to clean the toilet.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

On Sat, 29 May 2021 21:41:16 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

I meant Bobcat like a skid steer loader. I don't think an excavator would fit in the door.

Reply to
Tekkie©