cement mixer rotates too fast

No.

You need thread reading glasses.

Reply to
Jimk

Or you show us just one example....

Reply to
Jimk

just bought a second hand belle 130 cement mixer. to find out it rotates so quick it is dangerous and pretty useless. if i changed the capacitor would it resolve the issue. should i change the complete motor. feel stupid and lost money .....any advise appreciated

Reply to
david

No, the cap has no effect on the motor speed.

What speed is it rotating at (should be about 15 rpm or 4 secs for a single complete rotation)?

Is it the original motor?

You might be able to change the size of one of the pulleys to get a different gearing.

You can see what size it is originally supplied with:

John Rumm

show us the mechanism & motor so we can see what's wrong.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'd have asked exactly where it was made and what for exactly. Is it an induction motor or a brushed on. There may well be some wiring that is configured for the motor which is wrong. Seems a little odd to me if its as new.

More likely a new, and incorrect motor pulley or something like that, I'd have thought. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Yes and not on home owners clubs web site, use a cloud service for the picture and post the link to this thread. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

the makers spec* is 26.5 rpm so count how many revolutions yours does in a minute and compare

*
Robin

Three thoughts:

  1. Change the motor pulley for a smaller one or the drum pulley for a larger one.
  2. Check the motor speed on the rating plate, it should probably be
1425'ish RPM but perhaps someone has replaced the motor with a 2800'ish RPM motor.
  1. Sell it and buy another
Reply to
nothanks

Is it 110V being used on 230V mains ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

To be fair - if that is right it does seem a bit fast compared to most.

Reply to
John Rumm

There's only one possibility. Someone has fitted the wrong motor. It's an induction motor, the smaller ones commonly run at either 1480 rpm or 2800rpm. (ish, ie a bit less than synchronous). They come in standard sizes/frames/shaft diameters

BTW make sure the gearbox has oil, they don't last two minutes without. If there's a lot of play in the gearbox, (twiddle the drum) may not be worth repairing.

Reply to
harry

or the wrong pulleys.

Reply to
tabbypurr

or that it's rotating at the designed speed but that's faster than the average

Reply to
Robin

or that it has the right motor & right pulleys but that the centrifugal speed regulator is not working. (More likely to apply to historic equipment.)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

There is no such thing on an electric cement mixer.

Reply to
harry

Just stick the Benny Hill theme tune on and work a bit faster.

Reply to
ARW

Belle 130, I think you mean the wrong gearbox. Perhaps no gearbox?

Reply to
newshound

No, should just be an ordinary induction motor, probably 1500 rpm, AND A GEARBOX.

Reply to
newshound

If you can show us the speed determining mechanism on every electric cement mixer ever made I might believe you.

Reply to
tabbypurr