OT Labor Day -- why bother?

I would also have to add for you young fellas...this would be more specifically...late '40's to early '50's. So sue me!

Reply to
BenDarrenBach

If it were a high Jewish population I could see locals being closed on Saturdays, yes, but otherwise "not so much" for retail even then. Sundays, yes, too.

When we first moved to Lynchburg, VA, that almost everything in the downtown area closed at noon on Wednesday was unusual for us, to say the least... :) That was '68; by the time we left in '78 think it was a thing of the past. Of course, in that original time, women shopping downtown were expected to have their hats and white gloves, too... :)

Reply to
dpb

Those people need to work to pay for the government handouts to the many who have declared every day a "Labor Day holiday".

Reply to
Pico Rico

I don't know whether it's still the same, but when I was growing up in the UK, some areas had "early closing" on Wednesday, some on Thursday, and some on Saturday. Pretty much everything was closed on Sunday.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Somebody has to keep working to help pay for the ones that are not

Reply to
ChairMan

Unions: the people who brought you the weekend.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

State law in Illinois requires automobile dealers to close on Sundays. Don't know what Jewish car dealers do.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Work to me is following these NG's. I am days behind so I think I got you beat. BUT we ain't going to fight over it - too much work!

Reply to
Tekkie®

I read today that there are 92 million Americans not working. Good start. Maybe we can double this with a new Democrat admin.

Reply to
Frank

United Detroit of America?

Reply to