OT Idiot lights-out drivers

I've heard if the insurance company says it's totaled they'll do what you mentioned. Seems insurance companies differ slightly on those policies.

Reply to
Muggles

If you can see, you don't need the lights on, so having good eyesight is a reason not to put the lights on.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Rear lights are more important, they're the cars on the same side of the road as you.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That's because the average eyesight of the human race is fading. Everyone thinks you need lights to see objects in broad daylight.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Invasion of privacy.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I get those round here. I check for grey hair. If grey, overtake. If not, hoot, flash, tailgate, gesture.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Women were never designed to operate motor vehicles.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Funny, I notice motorbikes more than cars. They go faster and they're unusual. And until the fuckwits put DRLs on their cars, they were lit up more than cars were.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I knew a load of friends on motorbikes when I was a teenager. They are all fine. The only friend that died was in a car....

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Why the f*ck is someone watering their lawn when it's cold enough to freeze? At that temperature, the lawn won't be growing and doesn't need watering!

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Really? Can't say I'm surprised you'd post that.

I've operated many motor vehicles, including motorcycles and dirt bikes.

Reply to
SeaNymph

So, what's the punch line?

Reply to
Muggles

He's "for the birds".

Reply to
clare

Some insurers will provide "full value" insurance for the first year, two years, or more. Some lenders will require this coverage - others will highly recommend it - and some who are also in the insurance business will provide it.

Don't knaw about in the USA, but up here several large financial institutions are also insurance companies. (not that I'd recommend doing insurance - or any other - business with them, but that's another story completely)

Reply to
clare

I bought one. That one cured me. My younger daughter bought one (her third car) and most likely won't ever buy another one - although she has had VERY good luck with hers .

However, I'm glad there are people out there with the money to buy new cars every few years and take care of them, otherwise there would be nothing for me to buy.

For some people buying new makes sense - just not for me and a lot of people I know.

Reply to
clare

I don't really need a new car, just a newer one than the one I've got now.

Reply to
Muggles

Macaw's jaw.

Reply to
clare

Never had a new car. They don't make financial sense - to me. It's why I was able to retire early. And I'm a pretty good mechanic. Nothing wrong with buying new though. Some people won't buy even buy a used house. Or used clothes. I don't hesitate buying used as long as I get value. Never bought used PC gear.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I bought my pickup new in '86. What difference, at this point, does it make?

Reply to
rbowman

Automatic sprinklers. The site in question is a business plaza. All the landscaping is done by contractors. In the spring, they'll turn the irrigation, check the heads, and set the timers. In the fall, generally late October, they'll shut it down and blow out the lines. No thought goes into it.

Reply to
rbowman