OT (???) - I guess...well, it's wood. Maybe on topic. I dunno really.

Beginnings of a giant sequoia.

to this

I find it captivating considering there are live sequoias around today that were around long before Jesus has said to walk the planet.

I don't really have a Bucket List but visit Sequoia National Park/Giant Forest and the like would probably top it. Hmmm, maybe I do have one. [note: I'm not a tree hugger]

"Some human reactions to natural experiences are universal. The smile elicited by seeing a new born child; the fear roused by suddenly confronting a large predatory animal; or the absolute amazement and wonder evoked when first seeing a Sierra redwood tree. It is the immense size of these plants that both initially summons those emotions and is most often the strongest memory. ..."

Reply to
Red Green

Lots of things have been around since before Jesus: Prostitution, taxes, and, um, olive oil.

Reply to
HeyBub

I think that's really, really RUDE! I honestly couldn't come up with as good an analysis as you have below. That doesn't make ME "contemptuous" but you sure come on patronizing. Oh well, despite this unpleasantness, I have learned something, which this information sponge always values, so thanks... I guess...

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson