OT: I guess things aren't so rosey at Airbus either these days...

The First Airbus A380’s Are Now Being Scrapped

Only about ten years old too.

trader_4

A380 is going away. I was surprised at the engine cost: For the time being, the valuable engines of the A380s are being leased to makers Rolls Royce for an estimated $480,000 a month per aircraft, with a sale expected in 2020 according to Flight Global.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you eliminate the seats and force people to stand, you can get the same number of passengers in an A-320.

You might need to hire some plane packers though.

devnull

The first class passengers would be moved to the cargo compartment where they could sit on their luggage.

Reply to
Bod F

Yup, it kicked ass against a 747 but the 777 gives the airline a 25% advantage per seat mile. That all gets worse if there are empty seats.

Reply to
gfretwell