OT. Breakin' spaghetti

"If you happen to have a box of spaghetti in your pantry, try this experiment: Pull out a single spaghetti stick and hold it at both ends. Now bend it until it breaks. How many fragments did you make? If the answer is three or more, pull out another stick and try again. Can you break the noodle in two? If not, you're in very good company." From:

It turns out that physicist Richard Feynman spent an evening breaking spaghetti sticks. Guys at MIT figured out why Feynman couldn't break it into two pieces. They also found a way to do it.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Just choke up on it and it will break where your hands are.

Reply to
gfretwell

Spaghetti is a major pain in the ass to eat.  I prefer elbow macaroni, rotini or rotelle shapes.

If I can't shovel food in with a large soup spoon, it needs to be redesigned.

Reply to
Biff Tannen

Mebbe so, but it was for The Children and The Environment- so all is OK ;-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I wondered if I could find the study that I read decades ago, way before the internet. I see it is repeated in UK and government funded:

They reference the earlier Nature study which is what I might have seen.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You don't have the slightest idea who Richard Feynman was, do you? I recommend you read his autobiography:

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Do eat soup using chop sticks?

Reply to
Biff Tannen

It's too bad you're not receptive to learning new and interesting things.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Maybe that is what you think but you are wrong. I have personally known and worked with Nobel prize winners.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Couldn't be Obama, I'm sure.

Reply to