OT High blood pressure medicine

That is always brought up but that was 60 years ago. I did not say approve it just because others have but it should not take years to do so. It was even an ex-FDA commissioner complaining about the three year time to approve a generic.

Even with all this scrutiny, some bad actors sneak through like weight loss drugs causing pulmonary hypertension.

Reply to
Frank

"mysterious traveler" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yes. But I buy them in Mexico, which is close and requires no prescription. I've never tried to get them locally.

Sorry, thus is likely to be no help.

Reply to
KenK

But you raise a good point, the OP could look into getting the prescription filled in Canada, lots of people are doing that online. It might be available there.

Reply to
trader_4

Canada and mexico are a long long way away.

Reply to
mysterious traveler

There's a new service out that many people use, it's call the U.S. Mail.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Hello? I said online. Canadian pharmacies fill prescriptions on the internet and deliver to the USA.

Reply to
trader_4

After hearing about counterfeit medications from online pharmacies in foreign countries, I'm wary of taking a chance of ingesting harmful substances.

Do you know of any specific pharmacies that you can recommend?

Reply to
mysterious traveler

Have you ever heard of something called mail fraud? It's quite popular all over the world, especially with the use of online ordering.

Reply to
mysterious traveler

I have ordered medications from France, Australia, and Sri Lanka but you seem intent on shooting down all suggestions. You've been given choices and solutions to your medication dilemma; now you're own your own.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I look to Walmart. They list the generic drug prices on line for all $4/month or $10/3 months and also do mail order. When my CVS plan was charging $17/3 months, I took 2 generics to Walmart. $56/year savings used to buy beer.

CVS went back to zero charge for these generics so I switched back.

I had talked about lisinopril problem and when I quit it I had nearly a years supply. Guy I know that takes it was complaining that his pharmacy was charging an outrageous price and I gave him all I had left and suggested he also look into Walmart.

Reply to
Frank

It's wise to be careful with the hazardous things shipped from Canada

- we wouldn't want to see another Kinder Surprise - gate ! :-)

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Sorry, I haven't had the need, fortunately. You're right that you need to do some due diligence and research. There should be plenty of resources and reviews on the web.

I use Costco for most of my prescriptions and have found they typically have the lowest cost often by a huge amount. And if they are not the lowest, they are very reasonable. Walmart and Target have some drugs where they offer very low prices, $4 for 30 day supply, $10 for 90 day. Just checked Walmart and they have your atenolol on it.

Whether they have a supply or not, IDK, you could try.

Reply to
trader_4

I'm thinking of changing my RX plan. We have United Healthcare and it is going from $67 to $78 next year. There is a Humana/WalMart plan with lower copay and is only $17 a month. Anyone use it?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I use Humana mail order drug plan but have AARP United Healthcare plan G. Depending what tier my medications fall in depends on what I pay, one prescription is free and all but one are generics. The Humana drug plan I have has the largest donut hole of any my agent and I checked out. So, I shouldn't be falling into that rabbit hole at all. (Hopefully!)

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann