OT - flashlight close out on Amazon

First one of those I got, tried it outdoors in the parking lot. I was amazed how bright it was. Makes a good indoor light, doesn't have enough reach for out doors.

I put the battery sabot in backwards, and put in my coat pocket. So it doesn't get bumped on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Save the old ones to recycle for aluminum.

Hey, remember those grey five D cell lights with the red lens? Those were awesome. They gave em out free with coupon, and I'd of course buy batteries.

Remember the gold and white batteries? Before reds and greens.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I might still have a couple of those cards. Wonder if they still can be used?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If the battery is in backwards, that would explain why it's so dark in in your pocket. The flashlight is sucking all the light out of it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Of course, they've made darksuckers for years. But, the LED darksuckers last so much longer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Today in email, Harbor Freight sale items. One is two LED 3-1/2" 9 LED mini flashlights for $2.00.

or:

The other sale items on the email are from 39% to 84% off. I can't forward the email to the group and have a text only server.

Reply to
willshak

From what I gather, about 68% of the adults in USA get Harbor Freight ads on email. The other

72% of the adults get flyers in the mail, and the remaining 46% of adults get flyers given to them by friends and relatives. Leaving only about 36% who don't get the ads.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One is two LED 3-1/2" 9 LED mini flashlights for $2.00.

Considering they come with batteries, that's 33 cents per battery, and you get 18 led's and two metal cases thrown in for free.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Carbon zinc cells, not worth a lot. But, I do like your perspective.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I get HF ads in the mail and by email.

We've just had a HF built in the last couple of years and about 10 miles from me in a city where I almost always shop for everything. There's a Lowes, Home Depot, Sam's Club, Sears, Best Buy, Autozone, Shoprite, Walmarts and Hannafords in the same city so I can stop in to HF whenever I'm shopping or elegant dining at The Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, RBs, McDs or BK. ;-)

Reply to
willshak

From what I gather, 87.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I heard that, but it was an extensive study by a prestigious, if unnamed research institution. I heard it from Aunt Myrtle, who got it from her neighbor's hairdresser.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Harbor Freight, the new old time Sears hardware department. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

HF is a fun place to look. I probably would not buy a car jack or a pacemaker there. Once I did buy a very nice metal toolbox with hinged fold-out trays. All I had to do was drill out the handle rivets, replace them with screws & nuts and reinforce the lid with a steel plate on the inside. Oh, and remember not to carry it around without a lock or U-bolt in the latch to keep the lid from popping open and dumpoing all the tools out. Other than that, it's first class!

Here's a similar one.... girl not included....

ench-21329537.jpg

Reply to
Guv Bob

There is a parallel, there.

BTW, welcome back from death, again. Missed you for a couple days, there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nah, Sears had good hand tools, at one time.

Reply to
krw

In fairness, I've had switches fail on the better quality flashlights too. It seems to be the weak link.

Reply to
TimR

How do you know that's a girl? Other than the text in the URL there's no way to tell.

Oh wait, they can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true. Bonjour!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

better quality flashlights too. It seems to be the weak link.

Yes, agree. i've had switch failures on most every light. Some, I can fix at home.

One time I had a bad switch on a four D cell Mag, back in about 1978. Ought not have used it in the swimming pool. Every time I pushed the button, a bubble came out. Next day, no joy. The mag people were very kind about it. Reminded me it's water resistant, not water proof. Fixed and sent it back for just the postage. I like the Mag company.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't use flashlights enough to have switches fail (don't recall one ever failing). I was specifically talking about wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. HF stuff works to a degree but they're not, by any stretch, "good tools". The screwdrivers are particularly bad.

Reply to
krw