OT Firefox

If you have not updated version 57 is actually very good. Noticeably faster

Reply to
philo

I agree.

Reply to
Frank

I updated the other day. NoScript quit working but that's being worked on.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Works great for me.

Reply to
redzap78

Finally an OT that is more on topic than most of the posts here. I like FF57 also, but I do use tabs quite a bit. I hate the default tabs above thing. I don't know why FF/Mozilla keeps pushing this their way (tabs on top). And with 57, it's much harder to change, although some enterprising folks have found a way. Now I'm very happy with 57 (Heintz?).

Reply to
Art Todesco

news.mozilla.org has a lot of discussion on 57. One said it is a memory hog. I don't see it but have lots of memory.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks for the feedback.

I typcially use a locked-down (NoScript) Seamonkey for random surfing and a Firefox that is wide open fer sites I trust or need full functionality (cookies, javascript, etc).

nb

Reply to
notbob

i just got the update last night but so far it's very svelte (40 MB). I'll see what it grows to after use.

Reply to
rbowman

LOL!....

nb --old enough to get the reference.

Reply to
notbob

I clipped this from response to someone that complained:

On 11/16/17 2:12 PM, Bill wrote: > Instead of one process, I now see four Firefox.exe's running. I get separate instances as various handlers and the need for them. However, the total amount of RAM far exceeds what the old version used. It is topping 1.2GB of memory. What could possibly take up that much RAM?

See

My old computer only came with 2 GB RAM which I maxed to 4 but that would be a lot for such machines.

No complaint from my wife who has 4 on both laptop and desktop.

Reply to
Frank

John Kerry?

Reply to
rbowman

There usta be an abandoned Heinz 57 soup plant right across the road from the DMV, in Tracy, CA.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Heinz 57 used to be a dog breed. Mongrel or mutt, actually.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Got rich the old fashioned way. He married it.

Reply to
Frank