how to stop ice from spilling on the floor.

Visiting my brother who has an LG refrigerator, LFC22740ST.

When I pull out the freezer drawer and then the ice tray, ice cubes get knocked off the pile into the main drawer I think, and worse, behind the drawer and then onto the floor. Up to 6 pieces of ice end up on t he floor each time, and I have to pick each one up.

This is side-by-side with the freezer in a drawer at the bottom. So no water in the door.

The pile of ice is 6" high or more. This apartment is vacant most of the time until it's sublet and I'd like to turn off the icemaker, but all I can find is Ice Plus, which will make even more ice.

I can't find a swtich to turn the icemaker off.

Googling just returns hits about water spilling on the floor, not ice. And this model of LG is probably not listed on the LG site.

Reply to
micky

Most of the ice makers can be turned off by simply lifting the measuring arm and locking it in the up position. If it's getting too full, maybe the arm is bent? Some have an off slide switch, but it should be obvious, nearby.

Reply to
trader_4

It's using water to make the ice, right, and not atmospheric condensation. Turn the water off.

Reply to
rbowman

The arm is bent but it looks like it was bent at the factory.

By golly. I'd looked but I looked harder.

Turned it off, next 2 or 3 times I got ice, no ice on the floor.

Until it's rented, my nephew uses this apartment like a clubhouse, with one friend, but the ice there now should last 10 or 20 times even for 2 people. I'll tell him about turning it back on.

thanks

Reply to
micky

They, even maybe my nephew, would never be able to turn it back on. Even I have a lot of trouble seeing the tap, which is behind things.

Reply to
micky