OT Ebay Bidding every 10 seconds

The $25 sure looks like the bid amount to me. That's what it say it is, that's what it has always been on every other Ebay auction I've seen.

How? While the auction is taking place, it doesn't show you the max bid that anyone has put in, only the current highest bid. I could put if $31 and it the previous highest bid was $24.50, it would take it up to $25 and that is all you would know. That is how it works.

What you have there is something unusual, I've never seen anything like it, looks like a software glitch to me.

Reply to
trader_4

One more fine point. The max bid entered by a user is still hidden, isn't it? If I entered $31, and the auction ends at $25, AFAIK all you'll see when it's over is that I won with a bid of $25, you would still not know what the max I was willing to bid was.

Reply to
trader_4