OT - covid tests at home

Good summary of available tests:

invalid unparseable

Nothing is free. It comes out of taxes.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:16:54 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

But if you have/had Covid then you don't/want/medically advised not to get it then what?

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:27:58 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

They should go after China and the underling Fauci for reparations.

Reply to
Tekkie©

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that does not pay taxes.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You won't be medically advised not to get vaccinated.

Get vaccinated.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Democrats are liars. Working taxpayers will always have to pay for the democrat's "free" programs.

Since taxpayers are forced to support lazy democrats, every taxpayer should be able to claim a lazycrat as a dependent on their 1040.

Reply to
Buck Fiden

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond. None of us are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly, mostly due to government interference.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

" how people around the globe perceive the quality of the healthcare system in their countries of residence"

What a load of crap.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

My health care premiums mostly pay for people who are not me. Except for dental, I don't use my health insurance.

Should I claim one of those other people as a dependent on my 1040? Should I send them a bill for my wasted money?

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system. Someone always pays for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Wow. You're lucky you didn't get nostrilitis.

Reply to
micky

The sorry assholes that do no work and use the system to live do very well in one sense. They just show up at a hospital and get free care. If they feel sick, they call for the 'free taxi with the flashing lights', (ambulance). It costs me about $ 250 after the insurance pays for the ambulance. A good many years ago there was a study done in a large city in NC and there were 3 people that had ambulance bills over $ 10,000 each that can not be collected on. ONe was $ 20,000. That was about 20 years ago, so you can see how much the freeloaders are costing the working people.

The working Americans do have to pay about double to 3 times what they should because of the free loaders. They are the ones suffering as their money needs to go to their bills. The ones that are working and trying to better their selves but have low paying jobs are the ones really suffering.

Depending on the insurance one has, it can still be costly. We have decent insurance being retired. My fell and broke her hip a few months back. Sofar the total cost has been close to $ 2000. That is for a week or so in the hospital , 10 days in an extended care place, and 2 trips a week for someone to come to the house for physical traning and checking on the progress for about 2 months.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:54:12 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

When do they do that? Name a GOOD gov't program to promote the general welfare.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 05:37:57 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

You are lucky, most people do. How about your hubby does he use it? That is the nature of insurance, they actualize the cost over many. It's voluntary.

Why, do you feed, house and clothe them? If you want the deduction then call your congressional critters. Private organizations do it cheaper and better.

Except it's not *voluntary* It's a mandated tax.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:57:21 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

You know I love it when the yellow stained teeth people criticize the US for anything and everything. I have no regard to their opinions because they aren't here, participating in the US adventure. I don't see Bod here because I have him plonked and too lazy to filter him out of other responses. Please consider that he has never given any advice in topic to a.h.r.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:57:36 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

FYI I am registered as 'No party affiliation' To explain it simply to you: Independent.

Huh, my endless whines about Demos, prove it, where and when buster. What lie are you accusing me of now? Please be specific as to separate it from your usual prattle. You are following the Dems practice of not addressing questions directly and when confronted you accuse the questioner of assorted labels: racist, abuser, child molester, crazy, etc. I suppose the Dems know all these labels because they are familiar terms to them, numerous times. The playbook is if you can't evade the question then accuse, accuse, accuse. You are a racist. See how easy it is? Now disprove it. You can't, therefore you are a racist from now till forever.

Dufus, since you shifted this discussion again, I clue you in. Insurance is what YOU buy, on your own terms, to protect you. That is what you cited above. The vehicle owner will be paying, through their auto policy, the medical expenses. The victims' insurance is not applicable.

The NHS/Obamacare is M-A-N-D-A-T-E-D by the gov't. (I went slow so you could understand it.) The Supreme Court ruled on this. One has no choice as to what they can do. Sign up or PAY, fines or higher costs; because it is hold on: M-A-N-D-A-T-E-D. Ask GFretwell if this isn't the case. I know you hate him because he and I don't surrender to your line of thinking so we must be sat down, shut up, and ignored (at best), crucified (at worst) which is what your band of racists seems to prefer.

You wanted to get rid of T and you did. You criticized him endlessly on words alone. Accused him of treason and other dastardly deeds. Which in fact have been all manufactured by the Dems. Now that B is in office we can and will criticize him on his ACTIONS. Which at this point are very hard to discern. I see the results of his ACTIONS: More unemployment, inflation, cyberattacks, giving money to hostile countries, giving pipelines to Germany while screwing the American effort, disregard of the border crisis. (Remember when I challenged you about Kammy being appointed to the border crisis and NOT even visiting or addressing it in ANY way? By the way, you never responded.)

Reply to
Tekkie©

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Reply to
Buck Fiden

Depending on which car and homeowner's insurance you have, I might already be subsidizing the cost of your claims.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners" (AKA playboys gambling with money pops left them) to pay off. National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year, and covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory If you want insurance for your car and any object you might hit while "under the influence of Trump", you have to go private. They charge around 12% of the value of your car a year. But it's optional. I haven't used it in 20 years, so I'm over 2 cars richer. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

If done right and ran by the government insurance could be lots less expensive. The insurance companies are in it to make money.

HOwever in the US most everything ran by the government is more expensive due to government waste and kickbacks.

Many states have a libility insurance requirement and for the newer cars that are financed the loaning company makes you carry collision insurance to the time you pay the loan off. For a couple of new cars it can run close to $ 1000 per year.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery