Shower pan tests?

2 tests:

Pour a number of buckets of water directly down the drain and then check for dampness. This will test the piping without getting the pan wet.

I would wait several days to be sure the area is dry, then place one of those large rubber "disc" drain stoppers over the drain. Run the shower long enough to flood the pan to a depth of maybe 1" or so. Let sit for several hours and check for dampness.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Is there a way to test the shower pan in my master bathroom. There is some evidence of a leak in the bathroom and I want to make sure that it is the showe or maybe the toilet?

Reply to
Savoire Faire

Condensation on pipes could be a culprit also. Do the supply pipes run in the same area? Also check for a sweating toilet

Reply to
Mikepier

Where are you seeing the moisture?

Reply to