OT Coca Cola gives you cancer.

There's a surprise. They are taking out 4MI (colouring)

I wonder how long it is since there was cocaine and cola nuts in coca cola? Ah, it was a medicine back then, now it is a poison..

Reply to
harry

Is that the one they are taking out in the USA and leaving in for the rest of the world?

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Yep, all you had to do was drink equilivent of an large swimming pool of Coke every day for 20 years and you MIGHT get cancer from the coloring.

Reply to
BobR

There is more than one coke recipe. I can tell the difference between the Polish and Czech ones.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Actually mostly California. They would have made them put a label on it like they have to for any thing that might have a minuscule amount of lead in it.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Is it true? Do Polish Coke bottle say on the bottom "open other end"?

Do the other ones say "Czech six, and remember to duck!"

.

There is more than one coke recipe. I can tell the difference between the Polish and Czech ones.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd love to see a company just tell calif, fine, we just won't sell our products in your state anymore. See ya I'd buy more of their products just because they had the balls to do it

Reply to
ChairMan

Wasn't the colouring in coke originally developed as a boot polish? True or urban myth?

Reply to
David in Normandy

What? caramel ... sticky boots.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Can't find it now but I was reading something about coke the other day. Varies all over the place according to how cheaply it can be made taking into account what is permitted in each country. I gained the impression most mainland Europe coke is less safe than the UK or USA but the safest appears to be the Chinese version. Different sweetener. I drink about 10 cans a year so don't expect to die of it any time soon.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

In message , harry writes

Its an Islamic conspiracy

Cola nuts?

Harry strikes again

Reply to
geoff

Yeah, in Thailand, there was a big difference between pepsi and the real thing (although it took several weeks for the dependency to kick in)

Reply to
geoff

Health effects

4.1 Obesity and weight-related diseases 4.2 Bone loss 4.3 Dental decay 4.4 Hypokalemia 4.5 Soft drinks and bone density 4.6 Sugar content 4.7 Benzene 4.8 Pesticides in India
Reply to
Mr. Austerity

Is that what makes you fat and stupid as well? I am asking because there seems to be a strong correlation between cola consumption, obesity and stupidity. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

That correlation is particularly evident in the south.

Reply to
Peter

In 1903 cocaine was removed.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

The coloring was FDA approved but headline grabbing CPSI went after it:

CPSI is one of those public groups that takes their conclusions directly to the press rather then subject the data to the scrutiny of the science community. The press always welcomes groups like this that give them headlines. I've seen CPSI do this before and would have little faith in anything they say.

Guess Coke figured it was easier to cave in to them than fight them.

Reply to
Frank

California's proposition 65 is what you would expect from the land of the fruits and the nuts. All you have to do is warn that your product contains something on their list. It does not necessarily prohibit its use. You'll see labels on gas pumps, liquor stores, even bars with a Prop 65 warning.

Reply to
Frank

... and then they put it back again for 1904 onward?

:-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Like you say, the Prop 65 warnings are one so many things that they're useless. The lanyard on my camera came with a CA obligated warning.

It's been interesting watching the comments about Coke's decision as though those of a particular political stripe are anti-California regardless of the topic. Makes me wonder which kind of 3rd world shithole they're working toward. Or maybe China envy where they get to dump their industrial waste into the food supply.

The fruits and nuts probably wanted to ban chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer outright, but settled for a warning sticker.

Oh, and like the gp post, I'd would mind seeing Coke pull their products to show CA who's boss. It might be fun to find out what their BOD would think about abandoning a market of 37 million people.

Fake ID