OT car wheel hub screws

It does sound important. I'll check too, next time I have a screw loose.

Reply to
micky

It is not really fair to give us such a straight line.... How can we not bite?

Reply to
Bob F

Generally not as MOST rims have receasses in the general area. VERY FEW have a full flat back

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yep. The photo of mine seems to show the screw at the edge of the indentation but hard to say for sure, without pulling a wheel off.. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I did my part.

Reply to
micky

Reply to
Steeve Wurtz

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 20:21:23 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to digest...

+1 True
Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

AS a general rule "jack screw" holes are not countersunk . And retainer screws always line up with a threaded hole in the axle flange . At least that's been my experience in nearly 60 years of maintaining my own vehicles . YMMV .

Reply to
Snag