OT...car forum

Anyone care to share a good auto forum?

Reply to
Curt

depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for a make or model specific enthusiast forum, or something else?

Most of the enthusiast stuff has left Usenet and gone to web based forums, sadly.

Reply to
N8N

"Curt" wrote in news:j8rmhp$ph4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

What kinda car?

Reply to
Tegger

Hi, There are MANY even brand and model specific. I go to Subaru and Acura forums. Google is your friend.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You mean Google Groups is your friend when searching for specific Usenet groups.

rec.autos.tech is a good group also.

Reply to
Ron

"Curt" wrote in news:j8rmhp$ph4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I have found thats the best car forums are the ones for specific cars and models. For example I am or have been a member of three free forums and all are very good sources for those particular vehicles. If your car is not one of these then a google search will find many forums for your car and you will have to try them to find a good one. Many forums are not good as they are just concealed advertising and have little useful content. The best forums are very easy to use. If the forum is at all difficult to navigate then that may be a sign that it is an unusefull commercial site.

The forum below is a great source for my CTS. It belongs to a company and they also have forums for many other makes that are accessible at the top of the page. I found that the free membership was all I needed and the ads were minor especially as the forum was very useful. I never received any unsolicited emails or hassles.

The forum below is great for my smart car;

The forum below was a great source when I had a jeep;

Reno

Hi, Source of ad. income.

Reply to
Tony Hwang