OT. Beer can shape.

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I just compared a Miller Lite beer can to a Coke can. They are virtually identical, except for the labeling. And from recollection, they've been that way for a long time. Even when they were slightly different, I don't buy that a cop could see if you're drinking a beer or soda from the shape of the can while you're driving in a car. Not unless he's so close that he can easily figure out which one it probably is from the color/labeling.

Reply to
trader_4

Yep.

Even if the cans were a bit different no cop could tell from a distance unless he saw the label.

I recall at one time there were (probably still are) fake labels for soda you could wrap around a beer can so allow you to drink beer in public places where drinking beer was not allowed.

Reply to
philo

What?

The html contains the name of the video file. The verb "driven" is not correct. Try "named".

Yes, I tried it. It's far from exact and worse the longer the video is. But it's all most browser/video players provide.

To get more control, you'd need to download the video and use a different player. Youtube doesn't want you to download the videos but if you are persistent, you might find a way.

Can't remark on your experience, just my own. Works every time for me. Be aware that any click on the video is usually a pause. Also there may be some keyboard keys that affect playing. It would be nice if the cursor keys worked, but they didn't for the browser I tried.

Works for me.

Firefox/Linux.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Years ago I drove a school bus. I'd been into town on my bicycle and had gotten a can of Safeway cola out of the machine in front of the store. While hanging around with the other drivers waiting for the afternoon run, I took the can out of my pack and popped the top. I got some strange looks since the color scheme was similar to a can of PBR.

Reply to
rbowman

As for the cops, you'd be surprised what they can see. I had a CHP blow past me on his motorcycle --on my right-- doing about 10-15 mph faster than me. When he was jes off my starbard bow, he slowed, looked back, and made a jesture which unmistakenly meant, "put on your seatbelt", then took off again.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Like I said in another post, I've had people standing 6' away mistake a can of cola for a can of beer just because of the color scheme.

Reply to
rbowman

philo wrote: "- show quoted text - OTOH: I've seen people say that two cars looked alike, when they did not...they were simply painted the same color and were about the same size. "

Not surprised, especially now when you can have any shape car you want - aerodynamic! Useta be I could tell cars apart at night just by the shapes/numbers of headlamps. During daylight, these new Fords and Hyundais are practically indistinguishable from any angle(Focus vs Elantra, Fusion vs 2015 Sonata). And Lexus lately has a hard-on for Mercedes tail-lamps!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Yep, back in the old days cars were quite distinctive.

Now days they all look pretty much the same.

OTOH: Back in the old days, not only were they typically unsafe gas guzzlers, they did not usually go more than 75k miles unless you spent a lot of money on maintenance.

Today a car can probably go 200k miles before it starts falling apart.

Reply to
philo

Similar situation about 1:30 AM when the drunks are leaving the bars. I was trying to get a CD from the case and into the radio. I did a couple of wiggles. I was back on my way in less than a minute.

No complaints from me though. He was trying to keep the drunks from injuring the rest of ut.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Isn't that what they make those foam sleeves for?

Reply to
rbowman

Youtube video progress bar:

If you click ahead of the progress bar into the black portion you need to wait for the buffering (grey portion) to catch up. The red portion is what has played. The grey bar in front of the red shows how much of the video has been downloaded and buffered to your computer's memory.

I am on DSL which isn't as fast as cable so see this all the time with youtube videos. Sometimes if I click ahead of the grey progress bar into the black portion the video won't play and looses its connection so the page needs manually reloaded. This is generally accompanied by an error message.

Those on cable may never or only briefly view the grey portion of the progress bar actually advancing and not notice the black unbuffered portion.

As far as running it backwards, as far as I know it won't do that, but you can click on the red portion that has already played to replay all or a portion of what has been viewed.

If you want to pause the video you are watching and watch something else you will need to watch the second video in a new tab or new window. Just clicking on it in the current window resets the connection of the current window.

At least thats how it works in Firefox running on XP here.

John

Reply to
John