OT: Anthem BC/BS in MO, WI

Anthem Blue Cross/BS of has "taken over" Blue Cross/BS of MO and perhaps other states.

They send out letters like: a.) Your coverage will have little/no changes. b.) Your old policy is dead, kaput, und Pues Muerta.

Most calls to phone support go unanswered. When answered, specific questions indicate that there are differences between the old and new coverage. No new policy has been issued for MO customers to my knowledge.

Has anybody got a handle on Anthem BC/BS in MO and maybe WI?

"Your coverage may not be what you thought it was!".

Cheers, Puddin'

"A truly good birddawg, even if you never, ever hunt her, is a Precious, Precious Thing! Mayhap ruin ya for h*mo sapiens ..."

Reply to
Puddin' Man

I just ditched Blue Choice after 16 years with them. Their corporate office (customer support) seems to be in disarray, to say the least. I'm thinking the acquisition didn't go too well.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I'd suggest contacting State Insurance Commissioner or whatever it is in MO/WI if there are concerns regarding them following through on commitments.

Fortunately, the KS Insurance Commissioner denied the attempt here several years ago to take over KS BC/BS.

Reply to
dpb

I just ditched them after 16 years with Blue Choice. Since the acquisition, customer service seems to be in disarray, to say the least. Sometimes acquisitions destroy a company if not handled well.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann