OT: Amazon Overload?

So even after Bezos booted those deplorable conservatives off AWS, it looks like he still has capacity issues.

Just got the following error message:

Sorry, we’re experiencing unusually heavy traffic.

Please try again in a few seconds.

Your items are still waiting in your cart.

Try again

Reply to
Karen Cares

Amazon is laying off people. I don't know where in the company. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I thought that strange too, but during Corona when no one wanted to leave the house, their business skyrocketed, and now it's much closer to what it was in 2018. They definitely don't need as many people. The new-hires could have predicted this when hired, or at least after the vaccines came out, not that I know they are complaining.

One error message for the OP doesn't show otherwise. Lots of things can go wrong and the heavy traffic error message isn't necessarily an accurate one. Not because they are trying to mislead but because of difficulities in writing code.

Reply to
micky