OT. 1999 Impreza sun roof motor

I'm in need of one and not having much luck doing searches. Fortunately, the sun roof is closed. Disconnecting the motor so no one can even try it looks like the best option. Subie doesn't sell them any more. None on ebay. Any ideas?
On 9/5/2018 8:59 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Have you tried the junk yards? Some have nationwide contacts.
On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 9:25:36 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

earches.

Any ideas?

Google for auto salvage parts. There are a couple of nationwide databases t hat you can search.
On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 19:59:14 -0500, Dean Hoffman

20 year old Suburu .. sorry . Perhaps buy a few parts cars and hope for the best .. John T.
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 5 Sep 2018 19:59:14 -0500, Dean Hoffman

What's a Subie?
Try http://www.car-part.com/ It didn't work for me, but "Tomorrow is another day".

A SUBARU
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 06 Sep 2018 17:02:48 -0400, Clare Snyder

I knew what it was, but I don't think people should put any obstacles before those they are asking questions of.
On 9/6/18 9:29 AM, Oren wrote:

It tries to open but just doesn't have the go power. It was iffy closing it the last time I used it. I think there is a tool to open/close it in emergencies but I not sure where that is. It might be best to let sleeping dogs lie.
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 10:43:25 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Is it possible to replace just the motor and not the rest of the gear drive mechanism that's typically part of it? Does the motor have any identifiable markings? You might find the motor part is a common type available for a few bucks on Ebay if you're lucky.
Also, since it appears weak, are you sure it's the motor and or drive and not that it needs some lube, etc?
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 12:08:39 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

Also there are typically forums for the various cars online, you could check and/or post there to see if anyone has a solution.
Oren posted for all of us...

I did that too when I was a Big Brother. The kid just laughed and I felt like a jerk. I think he learned something from it because he turned out to be a successful guy.
--
Tekkie

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

If worse comes to worse maybe take it to a motor re-builder (if you find one).
--
Tekkie

Check out a Toyota or Nissan of the same vintage and see if their motors are the same. Most likely the motor is shared by another manufacturer - and possibly even another application like a window (or tailgate glass)