OT 1800 special tax districts in Florida.

There are 1800 special tax districts in Florida. Disney is one of them.

Reply to
micky

How many special districts are in the state of Florida?

According to the Florida DEO, there are currently 1,844 special districts across the state.

Reply to
Leo Isenteze

Speaking of free speech (pun intended):

THE MELTDOWN IS GLORIOUS: Democrats, Thugs and Fascists React to Elon Musk Purchase of Twitter with Predictable Fury

Karen

Oh Happy Days !!!! Go Elon GO !!!!!

I wore this country's uniform and could have been ordered to my death by liberal arts majors that could not make it as taxi cab drivers (Air Force officers) to protect freedom of speech. Many did not make it back. There are no swear words nasty enough to express my disgust for, as you call them "Democrats, Thugs, and Fascists", or as I call them "wookies, regressives, leftists" that give up such a precious right that has been purchased with so much blood so they can have power of other people lives.

Here I thought it was because Lyndon Baines Johnson was a lying son of a bitch... His replacement wasn't much better.

Reply to
rbowman

Thought you commies hated rich people and corporations.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Ronnie got his panties twisted and retaliated. It will cost the taxpayers a bundle to fight this when it goes to court. Should Disney lose, it will still cost the local taxpayers a bundle as their local property taxes are expected to go up 25%.

Ed Pawlowski

I know you do not like the woke crowd and thought you would like someone standing up to them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You sure you're not confusing Cambodia under Pol Pot? That genocide was ended when Vietnam invaded and Pot fled north. Nixon provided covert aid to Pot since he was allied with China. By that time Vietnam was being supported by the USSR so Pot was on the side of the angels.

Or maybe you're thinking of Diem's campaign against the Montangards. Or maybe the Pathet Lao's attempt to eliminate the Hmong? Long story but I work with several Hmong who would up here because of General Vang's tie with a CIA spook from the area. That goes back to JFK's quiet little operation in Laos. The Royal Laos army was good for shit so Vang and his people were recruited. Of course there was the little thing with their cash crop and Air America...

There weren't any angels in that neighborhood. The US thought they could show the French how it was done. They were wrong.

Aftermath: we have a division in Hanoi. Sometimes their programmers come over to work on projects. They don't have horns or fangs and seem happy. We don't talk politics. We have learned to live with their week long party that is a conglomeration of several traditional holidays and one that freely translates as 'The day the last American left Saigon.' Come to think of it, that's coming up in four days.

Reply to
rbowman

This is what you expect in junior high. I don't care about Disney but the locals are the ones getting screwed in the end.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The fields of bones were Pol Pot. The mass graves were Vietnam. Hue was an example.

Interesting how Vietnam is now known as Communist in Name Only

Libs don't care about them either or the southern invasion because they don't live there.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

90 or 95% of Democrats are not close to being communists. Don't be a fool. Don't let other people make you into a fool.

Ironic, huh. Well maybe not, when desantis is more interested in himself than the people of Florida.

Reply to
micky

The Star Wars reference was unexpected, but I like it. The wookies finally get their day.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

You mean you actually _read_ them?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Just checking for misspellings...which I found. ;-)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson