One burner does not light

We have a Frigidaire Electrolux brand gas cooktop. It has an electronic ignition system that makes a spark at all four burners when ever any of the burner knobs are turned to the light position. One of the four burners has stopped sparking and it is the one we use the most.

The burner that does not light is the high output one. It has the largest gap between the spark output and the metal ring that the gas comes out of. The spark is supposed to jump to the ring. I tried using a screwdriver to decrease the size of the gap but there was still no spark. I tried cleaning around the spark output but still got no spark.

Here are some pictures:

?image=burneran5.jpg Does anyone know what might be wrong and how I can fix it? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

It does not look familiar to me. Is there any spark at all? Assuming there is some sort of spark, then I would look at the fuel supply - and air/fuel mix.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

No, there is no spark at all. We can light the burner with a butane lighter.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

I can think of several possibilities. How about a bad wire or ground?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

quoted text -

Do you have a spark to the other 3 burners??? The sparker unit doesn't last forever. If its missing from all 4, find and replace the unit. If spark is missing from 1 burner but is good at the others, there may be a break somewhere in the middle of that lead wire.

Reply to
JB

Or it may be using more than one spark unit.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan