How to disassemble Fiskar pruning shears

I have a pair of Fiskars pruning shears. They are bypass type with a handle that rotates when they are closed. They have accumulated a lot of sticky sap etc. on the blades so I want to take them apart and clean them but I can't figure out how. I have removed the screw with an Allen wrench and pried at the blades but it did not come apart.

Here are some pictures:

?image=shearsrightsg3.jpghttp://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shearsleftxu6.jpghttp://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shearsbottomrc0.jpg

Can these shears be taken apart? If so, how? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

?image=shearsrightsg3.jpghttp://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shearsleftxu6.jpghttp://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shearsbottomrc0.jpg>

To clean or sharpen the blade it is not necessary to completly take apart the shears. The blade itself (the sharp one) is removable and likely replaceable. Just loosen the allen bolt. Then if you just wiggle the blade back and forth it should pop right out.

Reply to
Lawrence