Pruning shears?

Can someone recommend a brand of pruning sheers? I've tried every kind that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other. The rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open. Others lock at the drop of a hat. Some won't stay sharp. The hand grips fall off of others. TIA.

Reply to
Stubby

I've tried every kind

What do you expect from a Walmart-type lawn center?

You expected plastic pruners to last? LMAO!

There's a screw to adjust the tension of the lock, dumbass.

No, *none* will *stay* sharp. They *all* require regular maintainence, dumbass.

Quit looking at the ones in the kid isle.

YW

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I've got a set of Craftsman and a set of Fiskars, both of which I sharpen occasionally and both of which have lasted for about 8 years. Both are lever-action style and have provided satisfactory service.

Reply to
JimR

Isn't he the same Stubby that said he never changes his oil?

Reply to
Steveo

The one and only. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Good day Stubbie, I've used Felco #13 for 8 years now with no issues. I've replaced the blades every year, but I due lots of cutting with them. Way more than the average gardener. My second favorites are the Corona brand. These are generaly well built but you cannot change the blades/parts.

In the furture, it would be best for us if you listed off the brands that you have tried.

Good day, Timothy

Reply to
timothy
[...]

Sure, you can. You can order replacement pivot bolts with nut, springs, as well as blades.

[rest snipped]
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly