Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil?

Very strange...we just bought a house with an 15 year old Asko dishwasher. The other night it start dripping oil from the door onto the floor. The door has a hinge above the bottom of the dishwasher but it's dripping from the door. It's still working and it dripped oil again at least once. Altogether about 1/3 cup of oil has been lost.

Where on earth is this oil coming from? Does the motor have oil in it like a car does? Why is it dripping from the door?

(Btw, we've already ordered another dishwasher...)

Reply to
ian.johns

Maybe the oil is rinse aid. The asko is junk. In 3 years 4 different things broke on ours and we tossed this over priced rippoff in the trash.

Reply to
Art