Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

I don't dump raw garbage in the garbage cans. All my garbage is bagged and sealed before it goes into the garbage can. I have never had to clean my garbage cans in the 25 years I have lived here. I have had to replace cans because the wheels started to come off..

Reply to
willshak

Wow! You know how to look something up in Wikipedia. Nice job!

Reply to
krw

Ours is able to do their job. Maybe you should replace yours.

Reply to
krw

You don't read very well either.

Reply to
krw

That was pretty ridicules. Chlorine is used to remove pathogens not nitrates or phosphates. As soon as a chemist reads this he's going to nail me.

Reply to
JimT

Where do you think the sewer treatment plant dumps all their sludge and solids?

A sink drain screen does the same and they don't use electricity.

Reply to
willshak

There are a lot of things that you don't well either. One of them is logical thinking.

Reply to
willshak

In snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz defense some municipalities actually encourage using disposals. They use the sludge as a form of bio-fuel. In away, I think that is irresponsible because too much can clog a system. I'd never do it regardless but I guess it does vary per municipality.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

No one said anything about cleaning garbage cans, idiot.

Reply to
krw

So you admit that you have no point.

Reply to
krw

Here they put it in a huge compost pile, with lawn waste, and sell the compost at HD as "Dillo Dirt". I quit using it as soon as I found out they only do toxicology testing one every 3-5 years. But when I did it made fantastic soil conditioner. I'm more worried about lawn chemicals than the sludge though. No telling what these fools put on their yards.

Reply to
JimT

Hah, ha, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! You said the garbage cans attracts flies and critters, . I live in the country. Animals do not get into my garbage, especially raccoons, and they have hands rather than paws. Flies don't bother with garbage sealed in bags in a properly closed can. They'd rather go down the road where there is readily available horseshit and cowshit.

Reply to
willshak

Yes, I admit,. I don't have a point. How is yours?

Reply to
willshak

No, idiot, it's food that attracts flies and critters.

More idiotic irrelevance.

IOW, your house.

Reply to
krw

Well enough to kick your stupid ass, obviously.

Reply to
krw

DITTO..I use handle tie bags and seal it up by just tying them...No smell or mess...I take them to the Transfer Station on Saturday morning...

Reply to
benick

Every plumber I have chatted with over the MANY years on jobsites say the same...Garbage Disposers are not just a waste of money but down right damaging , ESPECIALLY on a septic system...

Reply to
benick

I've talked to at least 2 (that I can remember) that said the same thing. And, of course the instructors at the Waste Mgt. school said GD overload the treatment systems. But, I was surprised that there is a treatment plant up in MN that actually encourages the use of GDs. I'd think that would be the exception. They use the sludge for bio-fuel. I couldn't help but think the plumbers in that town must be busy.

Reply to
JimT