O.T. Samsung Pixel 6a phone

Does anyone own a Samsung Pixel 6a cell phone?

Apps very frequently stop or freeze up.

The camera freezes up the most.

One message says "Google has stopped."

I have to restart the phone around 10 times a day.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Warranty? Something wrong. Don't have that model but have had other Samsung and never had a problem.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Check in comp.mobile.android.

Reply to
micky

Samsung Pixel 6a !

... maybe that's your problem - the Google Pixel 6a has pretty good reviews. :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

I have an old, inexpensive Galaxy Tab A with only 32 GB of internal memory. Recently everything I did on it happened extremely slowly or the tablet froze up until I forced the app involved to close and then re-opened it. I realized the problem when the Google Play app reported a list of apps needing updating but rather than offer an "update now" button, there was a heading reading something like free-up storage space. When I checked, I was using 28 of the 32 MB. I deleted a few large apps that I rarely used and the tablet once again responded briskly. Suggest you check how much of your internal storage remains available. Unfortunately, add-on SD memory chips can only be used for data files, despite numerous web sites claiming that apps can be moved to SD memory and remain functional as well. In my experience, that can only be done if you unroot your device - not for me thank you. So, I suggest your problem could be insufficient free internal memory. If you're keeping loads of photos in internal memory, those can certainly be moved to the add-on SD card. I admit though that with the Pixel 6a's

128 GB of internal memory, this is less likely to be your problem.
Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Samsung Pixel 6A? Pixels are from Google, not Samsung. If it's hose like that I would backup any data you need to a PC via USB, do a system backup on the phone and then a factory restore. That will wipe out everything on it, the restore will get it back to it's original software, then it will apply all the updates. You should do the restore where there is wifi, unless you have unlimited data.

Reply to
trader_4

I do the same on Samsung tablet and phone. Even laptop and desktops get bogged down with updates.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Might also mention that there is a device care in settings that optimizes things.

Reply to
invalid unparseable