O.T. Can mobile calls be made using the internet?

Google Voice requires your GV number to be linked to an actual cellphone provider number, and will require an authentication call to that number during the account setup.

Reply to
kelown

I'd move there permanently in a heartbeat but they'd never give me a permanent visa much less offer citizenship. At my advanced age I'd contribute nothing to the workforce and be considered an economic liability with respect to your social programs despite my economic self-sufficiency.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Maybe now for new users. When I signed up, none of that was required. It was as easy as just logging in with my google user name and password. In fact, when I signed up, I didn't even have a cell phone. My GV isn't linked to anything except me overall google account login info.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

You are mentally challenged.

Reply to
AK

Thanks for your input. It is a little comforting to know I am not the only one with that problem.

I went to a T-mobile store 26 miles from my home for answers.

They did a "network reset" and assured me that my problem was fixed.

It was not.

Reply to
AK

I set my phone to allow roaming.

Maybe it will help.

Andy

Reply to
AK

I wonder why they objected to a cell phone tower?

They take up about 30 square feet of land.

Do those who objected consider what happens when people have an emergency and can not call police or for medical help?

Andy

Reply to
AK

Many people have objected in many places. They are ugly.

What are the objections to cell phone towers? Cell towers bring aesthetic issues, increased radiation, fire risk issues, additional noise, and property devaluation issues.

Reply to
Ed P

But I did not sign up for T-Mobil.

Reply to
Ed P

You have no sense of humor.

Reply to
micky

They can only do what they've been taught to do, and they assume it works because the company told them it does and often it does (but for different problems from yours.)

Reply to
micky

You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny .

Reply to
Snag

You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny .

Reply to
Snag

You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny .

Reply to
Snag

You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny .

Reply to
Snag

We have some that are disguised as trees. It sort of works.

Reply to
rbowman

Better be careful. He shoots 1/4 MOA groups.

Reply to
rbowman

Cellphone towers are gorgeous as are electric transmission poles, distribution poles and light poles. They're all beautiful. When the internet and/or power goes out, I'm an unhappy camper.

Reply to
Skid Marks

John T.

Reply to
hubops

But what about the poor squirrels and woodpeckers ! John T.

Reply to
hubops