Noisy Oil Burner

Hi!

I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is very noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The unit is

7 years old and regularly maintained.

My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with a Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.

Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have any experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that much, it'll be worth the cost.

Thanks!

Reply to
Manta

Call a different company to service it! My guess it is not set up properly. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Two things:

  1. That sounds more like the coupler noise at the motor; likely worn out, replaceable, or that my expereience anyway.

  1. What is "50%" less noise? Sounds fishy. That's not how you spec "noise".

I'd see if I could get another analysis from a different place.

HTH, Pop

Reply to
Pop