noise reduction pipe cover

I am renovating my kitchen. The plastic drain pipe from the upstairs bathroom is now exposed. I would like to wrap the pipe with something to reduce noise (I know metal is quieter but I am not prepared to replace it). There's not a lot of room and since I will be closing it in the sound deadening doesn't have to be perfect. Any improvement would be welcome. Suggestions on what would work best?

Reply to
Dave Gower

Don't have personal experience with this, but they have a variety of heavy-duty sound-proofing materials:

snipped-for-privacy@soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html

Scroll down the page for one made just for pipe up to 6" diam.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Jim gave you the link. I suggest you consider wrapping it (or the wall cavity) in lead sheets. That will work better than most other sound reduction systems.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan